Candied almonds are simple to make with only 6 ingredients – and so delicious you will want to add them to everything.
Candied almonds are a great treat to make in the winter time. The smell of the sugars and the cinnamon together just reminds me of winter. The sweet smell in the air is so strong and beautiful. And the smell of roasted nuts, isn’t that just perfect for Christmas time too? (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire… anyone?) Have I convinced you all that its time for Christmas in July, yet? Whenever I see a tv show or movie talk about Christmas, it just makes me crave it. What a wonderful time of year. Family, Christmas trees, lights, food, and more. Beautiful.
But enough about Christmas! We can have candied almonds even if its not Christmas time, can’t we? They are seriously one of my new favorite snacks. And they go perfectly on our summer salad recipe. They pretty much make the summer salad the perfection that it is. Berries, lettuce and a little crunch of a sweet almond. Mmmm.
These candied almonds are so simple to make, and you only need a few regular household kitchen ingredients, plus of course almonds (I don’t always have those in my house). Egg whites, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract and almonds. That’s it.
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups almonds (1 can)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Beat egg whites in a medium sized bowl till frothy.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Pour in almonds, stir to coat them in the egg white mixture.
- Add the sugar and cinnamon and mix well to coat the nuts.
- Spread nuts evenly onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, stirring 2-3 times in between.
- Allow to cool before eating or using in recipes. (Nuts will become more crisp as they cool)
Store in an airtight container.