Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect chewy, and soft cookies stuffed full of oatmeal and lots of chocolate chips! No chilling the dough!
I love oatmeal cookies, with raisins or chocolate chips actually. But if you don’t like being tricked by the raisins, then these cookies are the perfect solution for you! Thick, chewy, and soft oatmeal cookies packed full of chocolate chips!
These cookies are great because the dough doesn’t require any chilling, unlike most oatmeal cookie recipes! I’ve made them several times and never had any issues with the cookies flattening too much. That being said, if your cookies do spread too much, you can try adding a couple tablespoons extra of flour, or chilling the dough for about 30 minutes in the fridge. But you really shouldn’t need to!
I’ve made these cookies with butterscotch chips as well, which is my very favorite!
These cookies are nice and oaty, and hearty, without feeling too heavy. Thick, but not too dry and cakey. Just perfectly chewy, soft and so good. The way oatmeal chocolate chip cookies should be.
These cookies are best served with a big glass of cold milk 😉
- 3/4 cup softened butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together your butter, brown sugar and white sugar in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add in your eggs and vanilla extract and stir until just combined.
- Dump in the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir everything together till combined.
- Add in your chocolate chips and fold them into the batter.
- Scoop your cookie dough into large 2 TBS sized cookie balls and roll into balls.
- Place cookie balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Bake cookies for 8 to 11 minutes till they start to look golden and set.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow cookies to set on pan for about 5 minutes.
- Remove cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.