1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 TBS shortening
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix together, butter, shortening, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar.
3. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
4. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
5. Slowly combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients as you are mixing.
6. Spray a cooking sheet with Pam
7. Using a cookie scoop, or your hands make heaping tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough.
8. Put balls on baking sheet, a couple of inches apart.
9. Slightly flatten the balls with a fork, making a criss cross pattern.
10. Bake in oven for about 10 minutes for softer cookies, 12 for a little harder cookies.**
11. Meanwhile, put chocolate chips and shortening in a small (microwave safe) bowl.
12. Microwave for about 1.5-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate is completely creamy.
13. After cookies are done cooking, cool them for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet.
14. Remove cookies and place on a wire rack. Cool for another 10 minutes or so.
15. Dip one edge of the cookies in the chocolate bowl and lay out on waxed paper to dry.
16. For a quicker hardening of the chocolate, put the cookies in the freezer for a few minutes.
17. Enjoy with a nice big glass of milk.
**The slightly crispier cookies are easier to dip in the chocolate.