Chocolate and peanut butter are meant to go together, and these chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies are a real winner.
We know that many of you love the flavors of chocolate and peanut butter; and we really love them together too. These chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies bring the favorites together with an easy and delicious peanut butter cookie, dipped in melted chocolate. We know you will love them as much as we do!
How to make chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies?
These chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies use our simple peanut butter cookie recipe, which is packed full of yummy peanut butter, as a peanut butter cookie should be. The cookies have a mix of butter and shortening, which helps them have that nice butter flavor, but keeps them nice and thick.
Then you’ll cream together your butter, shortening, white sugar, and brown sugar until they’re nice and creamy. Then mix in the eggs and vanilla. I love adding vanilla extract to cookie recipes, and sometimes I even add a little bit extra, but that is a personal choice.
Then last, mix in your flour, baking powder, baking soda, and a little salt. You of course need the salt, cause it balances out the sweetness in the cookie, but also brings out all the flavors.
I made these cookies extra big, because yum! I used a 1/4 cup cookie scoop, but a 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoon sized dough ball will work too. The smaller cookies will of course have less baking time, probably about 8 minutes, or so. I baked these gigantic cookies for about 14 minutes and that seemed just right for these.
Cool the cookies for about 5 minutes on the cookie sheet as the continue baking a little, then move to a cooling rack to cool completely. Then the cookies are ready to be dipped in chocolate.
Melt your chocolate chips in the microwave with a little bit of coconut oil, which helps make the melted chocolate extra creamy.
Then dip your cookies about one third or half way into the melted chocolate. Wipe the bottom edge of the cookie on the edge of the bowl to get some of the extra chocolate off, so it doesn’t pool when the cookie is set. Then set the cookies onto some parchment paper or waxed paper and let them sit until the chocolate is totally set. You can move the cookies to the fridge to let the chocolate harden quicker if you want.
These cookies are so so delicious. We hope that you love these as much as we do. And I promise the cookies are easier than you think, and so worth it any effort that it takes to make them.
How long do chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies last?
The cookies should last 4-5 days in an airtight container stored at room temperature.
These chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies are so sweet, chewy, and packed with the perfect peanut butter flavor in every bite. Half dipped in chocolate, they’re a new favorite cookie, that I know you’ll love!
Looking for more peanut butter cookie recipes?
- Small batch peanut butter cookies
- peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- peanut butter cup cookies
- flourless peanut butter cookies
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup stick shortening
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Melted Chocolate Dip
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (or milk chocolate chips)
- 1 1/2 TBS coconut oil
Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, and peanut butter
- Add the white and brown sugar, cream until smooth, about 2 to 4 minutes
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in another large bowl.
- Carefully combine the flour mixture with the peanut butter mixture until all flour is mixed in.
- Using a cookie scoop, make heaping tablespoon sized balls on your cookie sheet. Space cookies an inch or two apart.
- With a fork flatten the cookies slightly with a crisscross pattern
- Bake in oven for 8 to 14 minutes (depending on the size of the cookie), add 1 to 2 minute increments as needed. These cookies are cooked slightly crispy to allow dipping ease.
- Remove from oven, cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, remove to cooling rack and cool for an additional 10 minutes.
- Repeat baking until all cookies are finished
Melted Chocolate Dip
- Line another baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a normal sized bowl, add 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and coconut oil
- Melt for 30 seconds on high in the microwave, stir
- Repeat in 30 second increments until chocolate is melted, stirring in between each time
- After about 1 1/2 minutes, chocolate should be soft enough to stir for about 30 seconds until all the chocolate is melted
- Slightly dip bowl to the side to pool up chocolate and dip 1 side of the peanut butter cookie in
- Tip cookie so chocolate will flow to cover about 1/4 to 1/3 of your cookie
- Wipe bottom of cookie on the bowl so excess chocolate will return to bowl and set on a clean parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Repeat until the baking sheet is full, place in fridge until chocolate is set
- Repeat with the next batch of cookies (melt more chocolate chips as needed)