These adorable witch hat cookies are so perfect for celebrating Halloween! They’re only four ingredients and so adorable to make and eat!
I’ve got a slew of different easy Halloween treat recipes for you coming this month, starting with these cute witch hat cookies, that I am sharing with you today! These cookies are super easy and adorable and the perfect Halloween treat, to just eat, or to take to any upcoming Halloween parties – here are some other delicious and fun halloween party food ideas!
For these cookies I chose to used Oreos and Keebler Fudge Stripe cookies, but you could use thin mints, Chips Ahoy, or any circular chocolate cookie. You could even make homemade double chocolate chips cookies.
Of course in addition to the cookies you need a chocolate kiss for the top of the hat, and then you can use either store bought or homemade frosting to stick them together. You’ll just add a couple drops of food coloring into the frosting to make it whichever colors you want. I made some that were orange, green, and purple.
How to make Witch Hat Cookies?
First you’ll scoop your frosting into a bowl. Add some orange food coloring, or separate the frosting into multiple bowls to make other colors for the hats, I like green and purple too. You could make black, or red, or whatever color you want. Whip it all up till smooth.
Scoop the frosting into a plastic bag and and seal the bag. Snip off the corner of the bag to let the frosting come out. Pipe a large blob of frosting onto your cookies (or if you’re using the fudge stripe cookies, that have a hole in the middle, pipe a circle of frosting around the hole).
Press down the chocolate kisses into the center of the cookie, squishing the frosting a bit out the sides. If desired, carefully pour sprinkles around the frosting of the cookies.
Cookies can be enjoyed immediately, or stored for up to three days at room temperature.
These cute witch hat cookies are so easy to make and are just the cutest, and tastiest Halloween treat!
Aren’t these just the cutest Halloween treat?! They’re perfect for serving for a fun afternoon snack, taking to work to share, or even for a cute Halloween party treat!
Looking for more cute Halloween Treats?
- Halloween Muddy Buddies
- Halloween Popcorn Balls
- Peanut Butter Spider Cookies
- Dirt Cupcakes
- Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Witch Hat Cookies
- vanilla frosting
- food coloring
- Keebler Fudge Striped Cookies/ Oreo Cookies/ etc
- Hershey's Kisses (unwrapped)
- matching sprinkles (optional)
- Press kiss on top of the frosting ball, spreading the frosting out evenly to surround all sides of the kiss (the frosting may poke through the hole of your cookie a little, just push it back up or flatten it.)
- Mix together the frosting and food coloring until nice and smooth and desired color is reached.
- Scoop frosting into a ziplock back and snip the corner off the bag. Pipe a large circlular blob (or circle around the hole of a Fudge Stripe Cookie) into the middle of the cookie.
- Press the chocolate kiss into the center of the frosting.
- Carefully pour matching sprinkles onto the frosting of the cookies.
Recipe first published on Oct 2, 2014. Photos updated on September 16, 2019.
If you like these witch hat cookies, I think you’ll like these other Halloween cookie treats too!