These rolo turkey pretzels are the perfect sweet and salty treat for your Thanksgiving celebration. They’re adorable, delicious, and so fun!
These might be the most adorable Thanksgiving treat out there. They’re so cute, so easy, and so delicious! If you have guests that don’t just want pie (or some kids in the group) they will love these fun rolo pretzel turkeys. But let’s be honest, the adults will love them too!
These are similar to my rolo pretzels but with a fun Thanksgiving twist! They’re sweet, salty, crunchy, chewy, and so delicious! Who can say no to adorable caramel and pretzel treats that look like little turkeys?! 😉
Ingredients needed to make Rolo Turkey Pretzels:
- Mini Pretzels – for the base and wings of the turkey, also adds a nice crunch
- Rolo Candies – you could substitute these for mini peanut butter cups, or Hershey’s kisses too
- Candy Corn – to give the turkey some cute colorful feathers.
- Candy Eyeballs – the smallest size is best
- Chocolate Covered Sunflower Seeds – these are the perfect turkey beaks, but you can sub Reese’s pieces as well.
How to make Rolo Turkey Pretzels?
- Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a silicone liner. Then lay out as many pretzels as you want to make treats. Unwrap an equal amount of rolos and place them in the top of the pretzel pieces. Place the pan in the oven until the chocolate just barely starts to soften. (It’ll even keep softening out of the oven a bit).
- Place three pieces of candy corn into the top of the rolos to make your turkeys wings. Then add two candy eye balls to the top front of the rolo for its eyes. And place a chocolate covered sunflower seed between them as the beak.
Tips for making Candy Corn Turkeys:
- I cut off the white parts of all the candy corn pieces to make sure I could stick them far enough into the rolos without them hanging off to far that the weight makes them fall out.
- These turkeys are a great make ahead option. Let them cool completely, and the chocolate totally set, then store them in an airtight container at room temperature for 5 to 6 days.
- This recipe is great for a crowd, it can be doubled, tripled, etc. You just need as many pretzels/rolos/etc as you’re making!
- I used chocolate covered sunflower seeds for the beak and the gobbler of the turkey. I ordered them from amazon, but if you can’t find them you could substitute mini m&ms or reese’s pieces, or use some small tubes of decorating icing to draw them on.
These cute little turkeys are the cutest Thanksgiving treat. Perfect for a non traditional, but delicious, and adorable turkey day treat, that is such a fun way to get kids involved in making their own edible Thanksgiving craft. Adults, and kids will love them!
More Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes:
- Pilgrim Hat Cookies
- Peanut Butter Turkey Cookies
- Mixed Berry Pie
- French Silk Pie
- Dutch Apple Pie
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Rolo Turkey Pretzels
- 72 candy corn pieces
- 24 mini pretzels
- 24 rolos (unwrapped)
- 48 candy eye balls
- 24 yellow or orange chocolate covered sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with a silicone liner, or parchment paper.
- Cut the white parts off of each of the candy corn pieces. Set aside.
- Place pretzels all over the top of your cookie sheet.
- Top each pretzel with an unwrapped rolo, in the middle.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 1 to 2 minutes until the rolos are soft.
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- Place three candy corn pieces into the top of each rolo, arranging them as feathers of the turkey.
- Top each rolo on the circular top with two candy eyes, and one sunflower seed between them for a beak.
- Allow the turkeys to cool completely to let the chocolate set, before enjoying. (Place the pan in the fridge to help them cool quicker, if desired)