These chicken taco wonton cups have layers of crunchy wonton shells, salsa seasoned chicken, melty cheese, and are topped with a fresh pineapple, mango salsa.
How fun are these chicken taco wonton cups? They are seriously delicious too. They’re so many layers of goodness in a cute little cup! Great to eat one or two as a side dish or appetizer, or a few more as dinner.
These cups are filled with so many layers of goodness. The base of the cup is a wonton wrapper baked up to make a crispy shell. Filled with cooked chicken, mixed with La Victoria Pineapple Salsa which adds a little sweet and spiciness to them. Top the chicken with shredded cheese and bake. Top each cup with a little more of the Pineapple Salsa, topped with a fresh pineapple and mango salsa.
Each little bite sized cup is full of so much flavor! These are great in the summer, winter, whenever, and would be great for a party or game day too.
Serious goodness right there.
Pineapple Chicken Taco Wonton Cups
- 1 large chicken breast
- 3/4 cup La Victoria Pineapple Salsa (divided)
- 12-18 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or mexican blend)
Homemade Mango, Pineapple Salsa:
- 1/4 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup diced fresh mango
- 1/3 cup diced red pepper
- 2 TBS chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Cook your chicken in a large saute pan.
- Shred, or chop chicken into small pieces.
- Mix chicken with 1/4-1/3 cup La Victoria Pineapple Salsa.
- Press a wonton wrapper into each muffin tin spot.
- Add about 1 TBS of seasoned chicken into each cup.
- Top each cup with about 1 TBS of shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes until the wonton wrappers are browned and crispy and the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile mix your fresh pineapple, mango, red pepper and cilantro in a small bowl.
- Top each cup with additional La Victoria Salsa and a small spoonful of fresh mango pineapple salsa and serve hot.
La Victoria brand is giving away a trip to San Diego for two, and I would LOVE for one of our readers to win! San Diego is near my home town and it’s such a fun place to visit. I wish I could go on this trip! All you have to do is share where you seek out fresh summer flavor and share a photo of it on instagram or facebook and tag @LaVictoriaBrand. For more giveaway info, click here.