These mini wonton taco cups have layers of crunchy wonton shells, seasoned beef and melty cheese, topped with delicious things like guacamole and sour cream, they’re perfect for an easy appetizer!
How adorable are these wonton taco cups? And I promise they are equally delicious too! They’re crispy little wonton shells filled with delicious seasoned beef, and melty cheese on top.
Top them with your favorite taco toppings, and they’re the perfect little bite sized appetizers.
Taco Cup Favorite Toppings:
- salsa or pico de gallo
- sour cream
- guacamole (or avocado slices)
- green onions
- diced tomatoes
- hot sauce
- shredded lettuce
- lime juice
They have so many delicious layers – all packed together in a delicious bite sized taco cup.
These mini taco cups are perfect serves as an appetizer. They’d be great for watching sports (because let’s be honest, the best part about watching sports is the delicious food). They’d be so fun for a party, like New Year’s Eve, or Cinco De Mayo, or even a backyard barbecue.
You could also serve them up as a fun dinner option. Pair them up with a side salad, rice, or some delicious grilled corn.
Luckily for you (and me) they are easy to make too.
How to make Wonton Taco Cups?
First you’ll cook up some ground beef. Drain out the grease, and mix it with some taco seasoning, and salsa. Press wonton wrappers into each spot of a standard size muffin tin greased with cooking spray. Top it with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the taco meat mixture, in each of the cups. Top with a hearty helping of shredded cheese.
Place the pan in the oven to bake, and cook them until the wonton wrapper edges are a light golden brown color, and they are crispy, and the cheese is melty on top. Serve them immediately with everyone’s favorite taco toppings.
I love adding a dollop of sour cream and some cilantro or green onions.
Tips and Tricks:
- For easy removal of the little taco cups, run a knife around the edge of each muffin cup, and then they should be able to be lifted out, or tipped out easily.
- Substitute ground turkey or ground chicken for the lean ground beef if desired.
- You could also make a meat free option by mixing the taco seasoning with some black beans, kidney beans, or refried beans instead of the meat.
- These are delicious served up with some Mexican rice, or cilantro lime rice. They’d also be delicious with a side salad.
How to store leftovers?
The cups can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat them in the oven or an airfryer to keep the shells crispy.
These taco cups are a great freezer friendly food. Add the cups to a baking sheet and freeze them for about an hour, or until they are frozen solid. Then add the little cups to a freezer safe container, or bag. They can be frozen for up to 2 months. Pull them out and reheat them in the oven or an air fryer until hot throughout.
These crunchy taco cups are the perfect way to get the flavors of delicious tacos, in little bite sized, adorable, taco cups – perfect for an easy fun appetizer, they’re a crowd favorite. They would also be a fun twist on taco night, or for Taco Tuesday.
More Appetizer Ideas:
- Classic Cheese Ball Recipe
- Teriyaki Meatballs
- Taco Dip
- Potato Skins
- Chicken Taco Wonton Cups
- 7 Layer Dip Cups
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Wonton Taco Cups
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 TBS taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 2 cups shredded cheese (or mexican blend)
- taco toppings
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Cook your ground beef in a large saute pan. Drain grease from ground beef.
- Mix your taco seasoning, and salsa in with your ground beef.
- Line each muffin tin spot with a wonton wrapper.
- Add about 1 TBS of taco meat to each cup.
- Top each cup with 1 TBS shredded cheese
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the wonton wrappers are browned and crispy and cheese is melted!
These wonton taco cups were first posted on January 21, 2016. The photos and text were updated on December 28, 2020.
MAKE THESE AMAZING WONTON TACO CUPS WITH THESE GREAT KITCHEN TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS: