This potato chip and pretzel caramel popcorn is the perfect sweet and salty treat! Gooey caramel popcorn full of salty pretzels, salty and sweet chocolate dipped potato chips and drizzled in more milk and white chocolate!
**This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetnSaltyHoliday #CollectiveBias
Pin this potato chip caramel popcorn for later!
I am a huge fan of sweet and salty treats and I recently found a new favorite! This potato chip and pretzel caramel popcorn is the perfect sweet and salty combo.
This caramel pop is mixed in with Chocolate covered Potato Chips and pretzel sticks and drizzled with milk and white chocolate on top. It starts with my favorite gooey caramel corn recipe and then you just add goodness after goodness to make it the best snack or late night treat possible!
A while back I discovered Lay’s Potato Chips Dipped in Chocolate at the grocery store and was curious about it so I bought a bag to bring home. Nate and I were instantly hooked to the sweet and salty crunchy goodness that you get in each bite with these chips. They stopped selling them for a little while, but now they are available at Target, just in time for the holidays!
This popcorn mix would be an awesome treat to deliver around to your neighbors for the holidays!
Lay’s Wavy chocolate covered potato chips are available in three delicious flavors: Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, and new this year – Milk Chocolate Covered with Almond Bits! Don’t walk, run to Target to get your hands on a bag of these tasty treats!
Potato Chip Caramel Popcorn
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 bag Lay's Wavy Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips
- 1/2 cup pretzel sticks broken in half
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Pop your popcorn kernels using an air popper or microwave.
- In a large microwavable bowl, put your brown sugar, condensed milk, corn syrup, and butter.
- Microwave for 3 sets of 2 minutes, stirring in between each.
- Add your baking soda and salt stir in.
- Pour your caramel over your popped popcorn in a large bowl and mix it all together.
- Pour your caramel popcorn onto two baking sheets lined with parchment paper and spread evenly.
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle with pretzels and Lay's Chocolate dipped chips.
- Place your white chocolate chips in a small microwavable bowl and your milk chocolate in another
- Using a spoon (or put each chocolate in a small ziplock and snip the corner with scissors) drizzle the chocolate over the top of all your popcorn in a striped fashion. Allow to harden.
- Break into pieces and store in ziplock bags for up to 1 week.
This looks delicious! How many days in advance could I make this recipe? Thank you!
I’m not sure! It’s a crunchy caramel popcorn so I’d guess like a week, but it might soften up some?
pat tampke says
can you double this recipe? I want to make for a group of ladies. I know some recipes are better off not to double, but think this would be ok. do you know approximately how much this makes? thank you
Aimee Berrett says
Therected should be no problems doubling this recipe, though make sure it’s a very large bowl for the caramel as it boils up a bit. It makes about 1 1/2 trays, hard to know how. Many servings with something like this
Nikky munz says
I pour white chocolate and the chops and add the colored white chips or chocolate chips
Carrie @ourpotluckfamily says
I had no idea caramel popcorn was so easy to make. And the addition of chocolate potato chips? YUM! #client
Aimee Berrett says
Its seriously so good with the chocolate potato chips. I’m going to be making it this way from now on!