This Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing is a super versatile, super easy homemade salad dressing. It tastes delicious on your favorite salads, pasta salads, vegetables, and sandwiches.
It’s such a flavorful, and fresh, homemade salad dressing that can be made in less than 5 minutes, with only 9 simple ingredients, most of which you probably have on hand in your pantry, or fridge already. It’s a great easy dressing, that is perfect to add to your fresh salad.
When to use Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing?
- It’s so good to freshen up your favorite salad for a delicious, light lunch option. I especially love making a strawberry salad, or greek salads with this dressing on top.
- I also love eating it on top of cucumber slices for a snack, but a quick cucumber tomato salad would be delicious with this dressing.
- It would also be great served over other fresh vegetables, or even some roasted vegetables.
- It’s the dressing I use on our Greek Pasta Salad.
- I love adding a drizzle to a delicious homemade sub-style sandwich.
- It’s a great option for marinating grilled chicken as well.
You’ll love how versatile this dressing is. It’s also super customizable and you can season everything to taste as you prefer.
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this easy Red Wine Vinaigrette Recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- extra virgin olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- fresh squeezed lemon juice
- minced garlic – chop up some fresh garlic, or grab minced garlic from the store
- dijon mustard
- dried oregano
- sea salt
- black pepper
How to make Red Wine Vinaigrette?
Add all the ingredients to a small bowl or medium sized bowl and whisk them together until combined. You can also add all the ingredients into a mason jar or bottle with a tight-fitting lid and shake them together until combined that way). I usually mix them in a bowl for a couple minutes to help incorporate the honey, then store it in a bottle and shake it up as needed before serving.
Serve dressing immediately over your favorite salad, or store it in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks. Shake, or stir again before serving as the oil and vinegar separate and the seasons settle at the bottom.
Tips and Tricks:
- This recipe makes about 3/4 cup of dressing, and should be enough for about 6 servings that are 2 TBS each. The bottle pictured is about 1.5x of the recipe.
- Try adding a pinch of red pepper flakes to give the dressing a little kick.
- You can substitute apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar if those are what you have on hand.
- You can use maple syrup instead of the honey as called for in the recipe.
How to store vinaigrette?
This homemade vinaigrette dressing can be stored in a jar, or other airtight container with a tight lid. It can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 month. Shake the dressing, or stir it with a spoon before using.
This homemade red wine vinegar dressing is such an easy recipe when you want to make your own dressing for your favorite fresh greens. It’s so much better than store-bought dressings, and you’ll love the flavor it gives you.
More homemade dressings:
- Ranch Dressing
- Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
- Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- Lemon Dijon Dressing
- Teriyaki Salad Dressing
- Avocado Dressing
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Red Wine Vinaigrette
For the Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 TBS fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
For the Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- Add all the vinaigrette ingredients to a jar or small bowl and whisk them together until well combined. You can also seal the jar with a lid and shake until the ingredients are combined.
- Serve dressing on your choice of salad, or sandwich immediately, or store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.