This lemon dijon dressing is a delicious homemade lemon salad dressing, that is only 6 ingredients and perfect over your favorite salad.
Have you ever made up a delicious salad only to discover you are out of salad dressing options in your fridge or pantry? Homemade lemon dijon vinaigrette to the rescue!
This lemon dijon dressing can be made in just a few minutes, with only a few ingredients, and it’s the perfect fresh topping to your salad. Perfect for a quick lunch option, or a side dish for your favorite dinner.
This lemon dijon dressing is not only tastier than a dressing you’ll get from the store, but it’s also better for you too. It’s got a little honey for sweetener, and only a little fat, plus other fresh ingredients like red onion, lemon juice, dijon mustard, and sea salt.
The dressing has a nice subtle flavor, and will really bring out those fresh, delicious flavors you put into your salad. It’s a little tangy, a little sweet, and so delicious!
It’s a perfect addition to your favorite salad, but it’s also delicious on top of roasted potatoes or vegetables too.
Ingredients needed to make Lemon Dijon Dressing:
How to make Lemon Dijon Dressing?
Add all the ingredients to a container, and whisk them together until combined. Serve over your favorite salad.
Tips to make the best Lemon Dijon Dressing:
- Make sure to use fresh lemon juice. While that does mean you need to have a couple lemons on hand to make this yummy dressing, it’s worth it!
- Try substituting maple syrup for the honey to sweeten this dressing.
- Add a little black pepper or your favorite fresh herbs to the dressing for some more yummy flavors.
- You can add all the ingredients to a small bowl, or container, and shake or stir everything together. Or you can blend it up together in a blender, immersion blender, or food processor. Add the lemon, honey, red onion, mustard, and salt to the blender, then slowly pour in the oil while the blender is running, this will give you a slightly thicker dressing.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to store lemon Dijon dressing?
Store this homemade dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. I usually just throw it in a mason jar with a tight lid, and it keeps it great in there.
Some yummy salads to enjoy with this homemade lemon dijon dressing:
- Grapefruit Avocado Salad
- Pomegranate Citrus Salad
- Summer Berry Salad
- Apple Pecan Salad
- Blackberry Pear Salad
- Kale Salad
- Brussels Sprouts Salad
I hope you enjoy this lemon dijon dressing as much as we do. It’s one of our favorite salad dressings. It’s even better than a store-bought salad dressing with it’s bright lemon flavor.
This lemon dressing would also be delicious over roasted vegetables, grilled chicken breasts, or salmon.
More homemade dressings:
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Lemon Dijon Dressing
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 TBS red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Add all your ingredients to a jar or bowl.
- Whisk them together as much as you can.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes for the flavors to blend.
- Stir again before serving, then drizzle over your favorite salad.
This lemon dijon dressing was first posted on July 14, 2014. The photos and blog text were updated on April 29, 2022.