Roasting carrots with Kosher salt, fresh herbs such as thyme and rosemary, is the perfect vegetable side dish to your dinner.
Sometimes I get carried away when I do the grocery shopping. Sometimes when I shop at a large warehouse store like Costco, I purchase 5 pound bags of whole carrots. 5 pounds! Carrots! I love raw carrots, I love their crunch and I especially enjoy them with a vegetable dip. But after eating fresh carrots for lunch and snacks for several days it is time for a new carrot presentation. Roasted carrots!!!!!!
Roasting carrots is so simple, and so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and so healthy. I roasted carrots today for an upcoming recipe of roasted carrot soup but snatched a few to eat before tossing them into the soup. Next time I am preparing a double pan of roasted carrots, because I was scraping the little bits left on the pan just for their amazing taste.
These roasted carrots were so flavorful.
- 6 whole carrots (scrubbed and peeled)
- olive oil spray
- 1 TBS Kosher salt
- 3 to 4 sprigs rosemary (minced)
- 3 to 4 sprig thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Spray a roasting pan or cookie sheet with olive oil spray
- Cut the carrots in half
- Cut the halved carrots in half again lengthwise (try to make your pieces as uniform in size as possible)
- Spread the carrots out on the pan
- Spray carrots with more olive oil spray
- Sprinkle with the salt and herbs
- Roast for about 20 to 25 minutes, turning at least once
Enjoy these delicious roasted carrots as a snack or as a part of your evening meal.
I still have more carrots though, any suggestions?