These roasted tomato mini pizzas have all the goodness of pizza; great crust, gooey mozzarella cheese, and amazing roasted tomatoes.
You may have noticed I have fallen in love with roasted tomatoes. I realize all my blog posts and recipes recently may have turned some of you away if you don’t like tomatoes but I am really hoping there are enough of you that love tomatoes, like I do. And if you love tomatoes you will love these Roasted Tomato Mini Pizzas. It has all the goodness of pizza – you know amazing crust – and gooey mozzarella cheese – and also with amazing roasted tomatoes.
My kids don’t like tomatoes, they never have. Well, actually there was this one time that Anthony did when he was serving a church mission in Bulgaria and if you wanted vegetables you ate a cucumber, tomato salad. So I suppose after months of cucumbers and tomatoes you learn to tolerate, perhaps even like tomatoes. But shortly, almost instantly when he stepped foot on America soil the original distaste of tomatoes came right back. Even if they don’t like tomatoes they seem to love all things tomato; ketchup, pizza sauce, salsa, spaghetti sauce. And I am going to go out on a limb and say that I think they will even like this roasted tomatoes mini pizza. It is pizza after all.
Roasted Tomato Mini Pizza
- 1/2 batch favorite pizza dough
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella (shredded)
- 1 cup roasted tomatoes*
- 2 TBSP cornmeal
- 1 TBSP flour
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees with pizza stone inside oven
- Prepare your pizza dough as directed from recipe or on package
- On a pizza peel sprinkle cornmeal
- Flat and stretch your pizza dough slightly in your hands
- Place pizza dough on pizza peel and roll out into about a 9 inch circle
- Spread 1/4 of your roasted tomatoes over the dough with a spoon smashing the tomatoes up a bit so they spread better (you will not be covering the whole circle)
- Sprinkle your shredded mozzarella cheese all over your pizza dough
- Spread the rest of your roasted tomatoes all over the cheese
- Use your pizza peel to transfer the pizza onto your stone
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Remove and let cool for a few minutes
- Cut into 4 pieces and serve
I think you’ll like these recipes too: