These Rolo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are a simple and perfect chocolate chip cookie with a gooey caramel rolo in the and perfect topped with sea salt!
I’ve been celebrating national food holidays with some of our blogging friends all year long – and I have to say, national cookie day (today) might just be my favorite yet! I love cookies! These rolo stuffed chocolate chip cookies are my new favorite way to spice up a traditional chocolate chip cookie.
The rolo melts perfectly with the cookie and the gooey caramel middle is pure perfection. I topped my cookies with a little sea salt, because I just love that sweet and salty mix, especially with caramel!
A couple tips I learned along the way in my cookie making process:
Although Guittard milk chocolate chips are my absolute favorite a smaller chocolate chip, like Ghiradelli, Hershey, etc will work much better with these cookies. You want to keep the cookie dough as small as possible, to just wrap around your Rolo so that you have the perfect cookie dough, to chocolate chip to caramel middle ratio – and smaller chocolate chips make that a little easier. (I did use Guittard, but I wish my cookies had been a little smaller, so the caramel could have been in every bite).
To make your chocolate chip cookies extra pretty, stick 3 or 4 chocolate chips on top of each dough ball. I always do! (You can cut your chocolate chip amount by a little when mixing the dough if you want since you’ll be adding more to each cookie on top)
Don’t you just want to bite right into one of these cookies warm from them oven? I know I’m ready to make another batch! And you can make some too —
Rolo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 TBS vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 12 oz package rolos (unwrapped)
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together your butter and your sugars in a large bowl.
- Add in your egg and your vanilla and stir in.
- In another bowl mix together your baking soda, salt and flour.
- Add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and stir everything together till just combined.
- Add in your chocolate chips and fold into the batter.
- Take a small bit of dough and flatten it in your hand.
- Put 1 unwrapped rolo in the middle.
- Fold the dough around the rolo and roll into a ball.
- Place cookie balls on a baking sheet lined with baking paper or a silicone liner.
- Bake cookies for about 8-10 minutes until they start to turn golden.
- Remove pan from oven, and drop pan onto the counter or stove top to give the cookies the perfect crinkle.
- Sprinkle immediately with a little sea salt a top of each cookie.
- Leave cookies on the baking sheet for a couple minutes before removing cookies to cooling rack to cool completely.
GET SET TO MAKE THIS AMAZING MEXICAN PASTA DISH WITH THESE GREAT KITCHEN TOOLS and INGREDIENTS:
Chocolate Mint Cookies on Butter with a Side of Bread
Soft Frosted Ginger Spice Cookies on Jamie Cooks it Up
Vanilla Bean Butter Cookies on Ashlee Marie
Classic French Macarons with Homemade Nutella Filling on Tried and Tasty
Christmas Tree Sugar Cookie Bars on Cupcake Diaries
No Bake Dark Chocolate and Orange Protein Cookies on Happy Food Healthy Life
Dipped Chocolate Chip Pizelle Cookies on Summer Scraps
Dipped Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies on Creations by Kara
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Triangles on Real Mom Kitchen
Giant Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies on Tried and Tasty
Candy Cane Blossoms on Cupcake Diaries
Flourless Triple Chocolate Cookies on Happy Food Healthy Life
Cookies and Cream Cookies on Butter with a Side of Bread
Caramel Shortbread Cookies on Creations by Kara
Chocolate Mint Macaroons on Ashlee Marie
Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies on Jamie Cooks it Up