These rolo pretzel turtles are one of the easiest treats you can make! They’re loved by everyone, and always a huge hit when we share them during the holidays.
Reader Karen said ” These are ridiculously simple & ridicously AMAZING! Make double is my only recommendation” ★★★★★
When it comes to easy-to-make treats, these rolo pretzel turtles are a must try sweet treat! They’re the perfect blend of sweet and salty flavors, and are such a delightful combination of crunchy pretzels, gooey caramel, rich chocolate, and nutty pecans.
They’re a total crowd pleaser, and loved by the whole family. They’re great for all occasions, whether you are planning a holiday party, Christmas movie night, or just craving something sweet – these are such a great choice!
Three Ingredient Rolo Pretzel Turtles:
- Texture: An amazing mix of crunchy and gooey, with the crunchy pretzels on bottom, and crunchy pecans on top, with a gooey caramel center.
- Flavor: Such a great sweet and salty treat, with the sweet chocolate and caramel candy paired perfectly with the salty pretzel.
- An Easy and Quick Treat: Only 3 simple ingredients, and about 10-15 minutes and you’re done making these delicious treats.
Ingredients to make Rolo Turtles:
- Pretzels: you can use snap pretzels (square pretzels), or mini pretzel twists
- Rolo candies: these are a chocolate candy filled with a soft caramel in the center
- Pecan halves: these are typical for turtle candies, and add a nice crunch and nutty flavor
How to Make Pretzel Turtles?
- Prepare. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. While the oven is preheating, unwrap all your Rolos. Place pretzels on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. You can make as many as you want, as long as they fit in a single layer on the pan.
- Rolos. Add the rolos on top of the center of each pretzel.
- Bake and add pecans. Bake the pan for 3 to 4 minutes in the preheated oven until the chocolate is softened. Remove from the oven and press a pecan half on top of each of the melted rolo candies. Let the candies cool until the chocolate is set.
Pretzel Rolo Recipe Tips:
- Parchment Paper. Use a layer of parchment paper or a silicone liner for easy clean up, and to prevent the pretzels from sticking to the baking sheet.
- Toast the pecans. Toast the pecans in the oven before you add your pretzel rolos for an extra nuttiness, and an even crunchier texture.
- Don’t overbake. You want your Rolos to be soft, but still holding their shape in the oven. You only need them soft enough to press the pecan into the top and spread them out slightly on the pretzel.
- In a hurry. If you want your turtles ready to enjoy sooner you can place the pan in the refrigerator for a short time to cool them faster.
Pretzel Rolo Turtles Variations:
- Different chocolates. Instead of Rolos you can use Caramel Hershey Kisses. For a different flavor try regular Hershey’s Kisses, or Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
- Different nuts. Try a variety of nuts instead of pecans, walnuts, or almonds would add a unique, but delicious twist.
Pretzel Rolo Pecan Storage Instructions:
Store any pretzel turtles in an airtight container at room temperature. If your house is warm store them in the fridge, or else the chocolate may start to soften and they won’t look as pretty. They can be stored at room temperature for up to 5 days. They can be stored in the fridge for up to 10 days.
They can also be frozen. Place them in a freezer safe bag or container and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Defrost them in the fridge overnight, then enjoy.
These are the perfect holiday treat! They’re so easy to make, and only take about 10 minutes of work to make a huge giant batch of them. They’re a great option for a holiday party, or to deliver to your friends, or neighbors on a cute Christmas treat plate!
Looking for more favorites:
- Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- Cookie Monster Ice Cream
- Fruit Smoothie
- Cake Balls
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Pretzel Bites Recipe
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Pretzel Rolo Pecan Turtles
- 50 rolos (unwrapped)
- 50 mini pretzels
- 50 pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the pretzels out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Place a pretzel on top of the center of each of the pretzels.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake just until the chocolate and caramel have softened, about 3 to 4 minutes. The chocolate should look shiny, but hold its shape.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and press a pecan half on top of each Rolo candy.
- Set the baking sheet aside to cool until the chocolate has set. You can place it in the fridge for about 15 minutes to harden faster.
These rolo pretzel bites were first posted on November 29, 2014. The photos and text were updated for clarity on November 13, 2023.
If you like these, you might also like these other turtle treats!