A bite into cheesecake, salted caramel, and caramel apple heaven with these salted caramel apple mini cheesecakes.
**This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #TasteTheSeason
One food fad that I am a huge fan of is salted caramel. Mmm, its got that perfect sweet and salty flavor – plus who doesn’t already love caramel on its own. I knew I had to try making salted caramel cheesecakes and to make the salted caramel sauce easy I just melted some Kraft caramel bits and added a little cream and salt to make my perfect salted caramel sauce. This quick and easy salted caramel sauce was SO delicious on top of my mini cheesecakes and I thought what’s better than caramel apples in the fall – so I made the finished product into salted caramel apple mini cheesecakes.
For these mini cheesecakes I just needed to pick up some Kraft Caramel Bits and some Philadelphia Cream Cheese from Walmart. Everything else I needed – eggs, sour cream, flour, sugar, cream, graham crackers, butter – I had on hand. Now these cheesecakes would be the perfect treat for you to add to your Thanksgiving dinner. Whether you are celebrating the holiday with family or with friends or whomever, I hope that you’ll take these delicious cheesecakes with you to the celebration. (Now this recipe only makes 6 mini muffin sides cheesecakes, because I had to test it out for you to get it perfect before the big day – but it could easily be doubled, tripled or quadrupled to make enough to share with all your friends and family at your big Thanksgiving dinner!)
Salted Caramel Apple Mini Cheesecakes
For the Crust:
- 4 graham cracker cookies
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1½ tbs melted butter
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese
- 6 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- 2 tbs sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbs flour
For the Caramel Topping:
- ½ cup Kraft Caramel Bits
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- ⅛ tsp salt
For topping Cheesecakes:
- 1 apple
- sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Pulse your graham cracker crumbs and your sugar in a blender or food processor until the graham cracker is fine crumbs.
- Pour your melted butter over your graham cracker crumbs and mix with a fork.
- Scoop about 1 TBS crumb mixture into 6 different prepared cupcake liners. And press crust down with a spoon.
- Bake your crust in your preheated oven for 6 minutes.
- Allow your crust to cool for a few minutes when done.
- In a large bowl mix together your cream cheese, sugar, heavy cream and sour cream for about 2 minutes till combined.
- Add in your vanilla and stir in. Then add in your egg and mix till combined.
- Toss in your flour and salt and stir till just combined.
- Pour your cream cheese mixture over your prepared graham cracker crust.
- Place cheesecakes in oven and bake for about 20 minutes. Cheesecake will still be slightly jiggly in the middle.
- Allow cheesecakes to cool on counter for 1 hour. Then place in fridge and chill for another hour.
- When you're ready to serve combine caramel bits, heavy cream and salt in a medium sized microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after until caramel mixture is soft and smooth. (Mine only took 1 minute, could take up to 2)
- Scoop caramel on to the top of each cheesecake and sprinkle each with a pinch of sea salt.
- Cut apple into julienne strips and place a few on top of each cheesecake.
Enjoy these delicious cheesecakes as part of your Thanksgiving feast! If you need more inspiration, check out the Cooking Up Good website. It has recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons and more! What’s not to love? If you’re looking for a new dinner idea or a chance to win some awesome prizes, be sure to check it out! For more recipe ideas check out this pinterest board: