This no churn mint cookies and cream ice cream is a homemade ice cream that you can make without an ice cream maker for a fun twist on two favorite ice cream flavors! Creamy mint ice cream packed full of chocolate cookie chunks.
Pin this mint cookies and cream ice cream for later!
I can never pick a favorite flavor of ice cream. I have like 10 that are probably on my favorite ice cream flavors list. You’ve got cookies and cream, cookie dough, peanut butter cup, strawberry cheesecake, salted caramel, mint chocolate chip, butter pecan… I could keep going here 😉
The point is, this mint cookies and cream ice cream combines two of my favorite, and dare I say, the best ice cream flavors there are with a little bit of mint ice cream, and chocolate cookie chunks throughout.
This flavor is sure to satisfy your taste buds. And it’s as good as you’ll get from the store of your favorite scoop shops!
Plus, this ice cream is made without an ice cream maker, so you can have delicious and creamy homemade ice cream even if you don’t have an ice cream maker. But you won’t even miss it, this ice cream tastes just as good as any mint ice cream you’d get from the store!
All you need to make this ice cream are a few pantry and fridge ingredients, or things you can find from any grocery store. I just barely altered my mint chocolate chip ice cream recipe for this one, since it was already so delicious.
For this one, you’ll need heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, peppermint extract, green food coloring (which is totally optional, you can leave it white if you want), and Oreo cookies. It takes just a few minutes of prep and then a few hours of waiting while your ice cream freezes and voila. Delicious homemade mint cookies and cream ice cream.
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this Mint Cookies and Cream Ice Cream recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- heavy cream – you’ll need the fatty stuff for this recipe. Don’t substitute it for half and half
- sweetened condensed milk – this adds creaminess and sweetness to the ice cream
- peppermint extract – this will give the ice cream a natural flavor, and not a toothpaste flavor
- green food coloring – this is optional, if you want a minty green ice cream, or you can skip it and leave it white
- chocolate cream cookies – like Oreos, or other chocolate cookies
How to make Mint Cookies and Cream Ice Cream?
- Whip the heavy cream into stiff peaks in a large bowl. I recommend using a stand mixer or hand mixer, otherwise you’ll have a very sore arm.
- In another medium bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk, peppermint extract, and food coloring.
- Add the chopped up Oreo cookies to the bowl, and carefully fold the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture, slowly with a rubber spatula until they are totally combined.
- Scoop the ice cream mixture into a 3 QT container (a bread pan works great for this).
- Cover the container with plastic wrap or a lid and place the ice cream into the freezer for at least 6 hours, up to overnight.
Tips and Tricks:
- This is an egg-free ice cream. It’s also a no churn ice cream. If you want a recipe using an ice cream maker try adding peppermint extract to our cookies and cream ice cream recipe.
- Store any leftover ice cream in an airtight container, or wrapped tightly with plastic wrap and foil in the coldest part of your freezer for up to 2 weeks. After this time the ice cream may get ice crystals on top, and start to get some freezer burn.
This mint oreo ice cream recipe is so delicious! It has simple ingredients, and is easy to make, with a great creamy texture, with delicious chunks of Oreo pieces throughout the ice cream base. It’s sweet, and definitely a favorite for a hot summer day.
More Homemade Ice Cream Recipes:
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Ice Cream
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Cookie Monster Ice Cream
- Blueberry Pie Ice Cream
No Churn Mint Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring
- 1 1/2 cups chopped chocolate cream cookies
- In a large mixing bowl, whip your heavy cream over high speed until stiff peaks start to form.
- In another bowl, combine your sweetened condensed milk, peppermint extract, and food coloring.
- Scoop your whipped cream into your sweetened condensed milk mixture, and top with your chopped chocolate cookies.
- Fold everything together till combined.
- Pour mixture into a 3 QT pan (a bread pan works great) and cover tightly.
- Place in the freezer for 6 hours, up to overnight, and scoop and serve.
Leave a Reply