Love the combo of the butterscotch, peanut butter and chocolate together then I promise you’ll love these scotcheroo muddy buddies!
Have you ever had a scotcheroo? They’re basically rice krispy treats made with peanut butter and corn syrup and topped with a butterscotch and chocolate ganache. And they are SO good.
I saw the idea for scotcheroo muddy buddies on pinterest from Something Swanky and knew I had to try them out a.s.a.p. Instead of making them with a corn syrup and peanut butter base and topping them with chocolate and butterscotch chips like my scotcheroo bars, I just combined the three main flavors into the coating for the muddy buddies.
So basically instead of traditional muddy buddies with chocolate and peanut butter, I added butterscotch chips into the base too. And then coated it all in powdered sugar like normal, and yum!
I just love the combo of the butterscotch, peanut butter and chocolate together and if you do too then I promise you’ll love these muddy buddies!
Scotcheroo Muddy Buddies
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6-7 cups chex cereal
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Pour your chex into a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine your butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and peanut butter in a medium sized microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each till smooth. (Should take 1- 1.5 minutes)
- Pour your butterscotch chocolate mixture over the cereal and stir together till cereal is completely coated.
- Pour the cereal into a ziplock bag and add the powdered sugar. Shake the bag until the cereal is completely coated in powdered sugar.
- Pour into another bowl and enjoy.