These Halloween Muddy Buddies are your favorite peanut butter chocolate snack mix, with Halloween candies mixed in! Perfect for a Halloween party!
These Halloween Muddy Buddies are perfect for a Halloween party, eating while watching some of your favorite Halloween movies, or enjoying all fall long – because who doesn’t love muddy buddies?!
Are you on the candy corn train, I always here that people either love candy corn, or hate it, but honestly I feel like I’m somewhere in the middle. I’m happy to eat one or two pieces, but it’s not like it’s my favorite Halloween candy out there. So which camp are you in? Do you love candy corn? Or do you hate it? Or do you fall somewhere in the middle like me?
Well, these Halloween Muddy Buddies do have candy corn in them, because what’s more Halloween-ey than candy corn and candy pumpkins?
Other Halloween candies you could add to this mix:
- Candy Eye Balls
- Orange Halloween Kit Kats
- Halloween Oreos
- Halloween/Fall M&Ms
- Halloween sprinkles
Muddy Buddies are seriously addicting. They might be my favorite treat for snacking, but the problem is I eat the whole bowl in like an hour. If you have better restraint than me, these will be the perfect treat to satisfy your sweet tooth. The Halloween twist makes these so fun and delicious to enjoy any time throughout September and October!
For our Halloween muddy buddies, we used candy corn, candy pumpkins, and Reeses Pieces. I love Reeses Pieces for this, because they have that delicious peanut butter taste which is the perfect partner for Muddy Buddies peanut butter and chocolate and because they have the perfect Halloween orange, yellow and brown colors.
Looking for more Halloween Treat Recipes?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 9 cups Chex Cereal
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup candy Pumpkins
- 1 cup Reeses Pieces
- Combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter, in a medium sized microwave proof bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds if needed till you can stir smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the chex cereal into a large bowl.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal and gently stir to coat the cereal completely with the mixture.
- Add the cereal to a large gallon sized Ziplock bag, add in the powdered sugar.
- Shake to cover the cereal completely with the powedered sugar.
- Pour the muddy buddies into a clean bowl, and stir in the candy corn, pumpkins and reeses pieces.
- Spread the muddy buddies out onto a baking sheet (or two) covered with parchment paper.
- Allow to rest for about 20 minutes.