I’ve made shredded pork and chicken tacos a countless number of times. But last week I decided I wanted to switch it up a little. Shredded beef tacos. What a novel idea right? Just as simple as my crock pot chicken tacos. Just as delicious. Just beef.
1 TBS olive oil
1 1/2- 2 lbs boneless chuck roast
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp salt
1 cup beef stock
1/8 cup tomato sauce
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
1 small yellow onion, diced
2 TBS garlic, minced
Taco Toppings (sour cream, salsa, guacamole, lettuce, cheese, tomato, cilantro, etc.)
1. In a large sauce pan heat olive oil over medium high heat.
2. In a small bowl combine chili powder, cumin, paprika and salt.
3. Rub the spices over the beef, covering completely.
4. When oil is hot and the beef to the pan. Cook beef for about 30 seconds. Rotate to sear every side.
5. Add beef, onions, and garlic to the slow cooker.
6. Add beef stock, tomato sauce and chipotle pepper to the same pan. Scrape up any bits of spice or beef on the bottom of the pan.
7. Bring the sauce to a boil.
8. Reduce the heat, and simmer for about 3-4 minutes.
9. Pour the sauce over the beef in the crockpot.
10. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
12. Shred the beef using two forks.
13. Serve the shredded beef on a tortilla with your favorite toppings.
PS. A couple days later we doused the leftover beef in BBQ sauce and had BBQ beef sandwiches. Yum!
These look delicious! Can’t wait to try them.
If you make this, let me know what you think!