This slow cooker lasagna is quick and easy to prep, with that same great lasagna taste, for a delicious, and easy dinner the whole family will love!
Lasagna is one of my favorite foods, but I rarely make it because its such a time consuming process. This slow cooker lasagna uses a store bought sauce, uncooked lasagna noodles, and a slow cooker, to take away some of the prep work, and no heating up the oven, for the same flavors of classic lasagna, but with a little less stress.
This crockpot lasagna is so easy, and my whole family loves it. It’s a perfect dinner option for those days when I have a few minutes to throw together dinner, but want to do it before the kids get home from school! Then when evening comes, we’ve got a hearty, delicious cheesy pasta dish ready for us all to dig right in to.
How to make Slow Cooker Lasagna?
This lasagna is made with Italian sausage and ground beef, to give it lots of flavor. Mix that with a little onion, and minced garlic and cook it up until the meat is browned. Add in your jarred tomato sauce, and simmer it all together for about 10 minutes so the flavors blend together really nicely.
In a bowl, combine your cheeses, ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan, and one egg. Stir it all together and get ready to layer everything into your slow cooker.
Spread some of your meat sauce, then your noodles (they really don’t even have to be pre-cooked!), then your ricotta mixture. Repeat with more sauce, more noodles, and more cheese, two more layers of each. Top with a little more sauce, and more of the mozzarella cheese, and set your slow cooker to low. Cook it for a few hours, and until the noodles are soft, and your delicious meal is ready to go!
This slow cooker lasagna is perfect paired with some garlic bread sticks, a side salad, or some fresh fruit.
Who can say no to gooey cheesy pasta dishes, like this slow cooker lasagna?! Definitely not me! It’s a hearty, comforting pile of noodles, a meaty sauce, and lots and lots of cheese! I wish I could dive in again right now.
This crock pot lasagna is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. It’s hearty, comforting, and so delicious, with so many delicious layers!
MORE EASY PASTA DISHES:
CONNECT WITH LIKE MOTHER, LIKE DAUGHTER
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Slow Cooker Lasagna
- 1/2 lb Italian Sausage
- 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup diced yellow onion (about 1/2 an onion)
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 36 oz Tomato Pasta Sauce (You can use homemade or store bought)
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 9-12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- In a large skillet brown your Italian sausage, ground beef, onion and minced garlic for a few minutes over medium heat until the meat is cooked through. Drain out the extra grease.
- Pour in your Tomato Pasta Sauce and stir together. Allow to simmer for a bout 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups of the mozzarella cheese, ricotta, Parmesan and egg. Stir it all together, and set it aside.
- Spread 1/4 of the meat mixture onto the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Arrange 1/3 of your noodles on top of your meat mixture. You may need to break some of the noodles to get them to fit.
- Spread 1/3 of your cheese over the noodles.
- Repeat these layers twice with more meat, noodles, cheese - meat, noodles, cheese.
- Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, until the noodles are tender and cheese is melted and golden.
This Slow Cooker lasagna was first published on October 6, 2015. The photos and post were updated for clarity on January 6, 2021.
This post was originally made in partnership with Bertolli. The opinions and text are all mine.