This slow cooker lasagna takes out the step of boiling your noodles, for a delicious and easy dinner the whole family will love!
Lasagna is one of my favorite foods ever but I rarely make it for some reason. When I was driving around doing some errands this week I heard about Smith’s Taste of Italy program on the radio I knew I had to make some delicious Italian food this week. This slow cooker lasagna was the perfect dinner.
Its easy to make because I used Bertolli Tomato Basil sauce that I grabbed from Smith’s. You should head over in the next week while their Taste of Italy program is going on and grab some to make this yummy dish, or other Tuscan Inspired dishes I know you and your family will love.
This lasagna is made with Italian sausage, and ground beef to give it lots of flavor. Mix that with a little onions and minced garlic and cook it up till the meat is browned. Mix in your Bertolli Tomato Basil Sauce and simmer for about 10 minutes so the flavors meld together nicely. Mix together your cheeses, ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan with one egg and get ready to layer everything together into your slow cooker.
Spread some of your meat sauce, then noodles (you don’t even have to pre- cook them!), then your cheese mixture. Repeat with more meat sauce, more noodles, and more cheese. And one more layer of each. Top with last bit of the meat sauce and a little mozzarella cheese on top and set your slow cooker on low. Cook for 4 to 6 hours, and then your delicious meal is ready to go!
- ½ lb Italian Sausage
- ½ lbs ground beef
- ½ large onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1.5 24oz jars Bertolli Tomato Basil Sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 9-12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- In a large skillet brown your Italian sausage, ground beef, onion and minced garlic for a few minutes over medium heat until meat is cooked through.
- Drain excess grease.
- Pour in your Bertolli Tomato Basil Sauce and stir together. Allow to simmer for a bout 10 minutes.
- Combine 3 cups of your mozzarella cheese, ricotta, Parmesan and egg in a bowl and set aside.
- Spread ¼ of the meat mixture onto the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Arrange ⅓ of your noodles on top of your meat mixture. You may need to break some of the noodles to get them to fit.
- Spread ⅓ of your cheese over the noodles.
- Repeat these layers twice with more meat, noodles, cheese - meat, noodles, cheese.
- Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, until the noodles are tender and cheese is melted and golden.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bertolli®. The opinions and text are all mine.