This Slow Cooker Mexican Pulled Pork is a tender, and flavorful seasoned meat that is cooked in the crock pot. It’s perfect for making pork tacos, or other Mexican inspired favorites.
This Mexican Pulled Pork is one of the easiest recipes out there. You throw everything in the slow cooker, and shred the meat when it’s nice and tender.
This meat is seasoned with some of my favorite Mexican inspired, taco seasonings. After cooking several hours in the slow cooker, you’ll have the most tender pork meat that will fall apart with hardly any effort.
It is a great flavorful meat option that is so delicious on tacos, enchiladas, burritos, burrito bowls, nachos, salads, or however you’d like. I especially love using it for our Creamy Pulled Pork Taquitos. If you want to try our carnitas recipe, that meat is seasoned differently without the brown sugar, chili powder, and other seasonings, and with the addition of fresh citrus juice.
Don’t forget to add your favorite toppings to this delicious meat, sour cream, cheese, guacamole, and cilantro are some of my favorites.
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this easy Mexican Pulled Pork recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- brown sugar
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- salt and black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- onion powder
- tomato sauce
- pork shoulder roast
How to make Mexican Pulled Pork?
- Add the seasonings to a small bowl to mix them all together.
- Add the roast to a slow cooker, and rub the spice mixture all over the sides of the roast, adding any extra on top or into the slow cooker.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the top of the roast in the slow cooker.
- Cook the pork on low, until it is tender and pulls apart. (I recommend cooking on low for 8 to 10 hours, but you can also cook on high for 5 to 6 hours). Shred it with two forks in the slow cooker and stir it all up in the sauce. Then scoop the meat out with a slotted spoon, leaving the extra sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Serve the meat topped with cheese, sour cream, avocado, or other taco toppings in your favorite Mexican inspired meal like tacos, nachos, salads, etc.
How to store leftovers?
Store any leftover meat in the fridge in an airtight container for 4 to 5 days. The meat can be reheated in the microwave, or in a small pot on low heat on the stove top.
This Mexican pulled pork is such a delicious, tender and flavorful meat that is perfect for using in tacos, quesadillas, and other Mexican inspired dishes.
More slow cooker recipes:
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Mexican Pulled Pork
- 2 TBS brown sugar
- 1 TBS chili powder
- 1 TBS cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 lbs pork shoulder roast
- Add the seasoning ingredients to a small bowl and mix them all together.
- Add the roast to the slow cooker, and rub the spice mixture all over the sides of the pork.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the roast.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until the pork is tender and pulls apart. (Or on high for 5-6 hours).
- Shred the pork with 2 forks in the slow cooker, and stir it into the sauce mixture.
- Scoop the meat out with a slotted spoon, leaving the extra juices and sauce behind.
- Serve the meat with warm tortillas, and your favorite taco toppings.
This Mexican Pulled Pork was first posted on October 31, 2011. The photos and text were updated on February 6, 2023.