This small batch muddy buddies recipe makes just two cups of crunchy chocolate peanut butter cereal for a perfect small batch treat – so you don’t eat a huge bowlful!
I have to say, muddy buddies are one of my all time favorite treats. There isn’t much better than crunchy cereal coated in chocolate and peanut butter and powdered sugar, amiright? The only problem is, I can easily down a whole giant bowlful of puppy chow in one sitting and they aren’t exactly a healthy treat are they? (What name do you call this tasty treat, muddy buddies or puppy chow?)
Enter this small batch muddy buddies recipe. Although this small batch recipe is just as bad for you as the original, it helps you to only eat 2 cups full of the tasty chocolate peanut butter treat instead of… umm 8 cups? (Okay, maybe I shared a little with my husband) Well with this small batch recipe, you literally only get 2 cups of the tasty treat, so you’re restrained just a little bit from eating more, but you can still get that delicious muddy buddy taste.
For this recipe you only need 2 cups of chex cereal, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of powdered sugar. If you eat the whole batch its only about 740 calories, give or take (depending on the brand of peanut butter and chocolate chips you use!)
Now the most dangerous part is that this recipe is so easy I might be whipping up a batch of these babies every day! 😉 They only take about 3 minutes to make and 3 minutes to eat, so this recipe is everything you need in a quick and delicious treat!
- 2 cups chex cereal
- 2 TBS creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Put your chex cereal in a small bowl.
- Put your peanut butter and chocolate chips in another small bowl.
- Microwave in 30 second increments (about 1 minute total), stirring after each, until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the chocolate peanut butter over your cereal and stir together to completely coat cereal with chocolate.
- Pour your cereal into a bag and add your powdered sugar.
- Shake the bag until the cereal is completely coated.
- Pour muddy buddies into another bowl and enjoy.