S’mores krispy treats are a twist on traditional rice krispy treats, these are made with golden graham cereal and chocolate in addition to the gooey marshmallows.
As someone who is as s’more obsessed as I am, I am always excited when I try a new s’more inspired recipe that turns out to be delicious. These s’more krispy treats are inspired by rice krispy treats, but with golden graham cereal for the graham and chocolate chips and chopped up Hershey bars for the chocolate part of the traditional s’more.
These are perfect for a fireless s’more treat when you are craving that sweet melty marshmallow + graham cracker + chocolate combo. Or they would make great after school / afternoon snacks for kids and adults alike too.
These delicious treats will have you quickly forgetting that we are nearing the end of summer and allow you to enjoy the great flavor of s’mores all year long!
S'mores Krispy Treats
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 1/2 cups mini marshmallows divided, (10oz bag)
- 6-7 cups golden graham cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 5 mini Hershey bars broken into individual pieces
- Melt your butter over medium low heat in a large sauce pan.
- Add in 5 cups marshmallows, and stir together till marshmallows are completely melted.
- Pour marshmallows over your graham cereal in a large bowl and stir together till cereal is completely coated.
- Fold in remaining marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Pour cereal into a 9x13 in pan and press down evenly. (Don't squish too much!)
- Press Hershey bar pieces evenly around the top of the bars.
- Allow to cool and set completely before slicing.
Ali Stewart says
Loved the idea, but WAY too sweet!
do you have any tips on how to store leftovers?
I just keep them in an airtight container, cover with plastic wrap, a ziplock bag, etc.
Hey there, Could you tell me if i can make it ahead of time? Like make it friday night
Put them in the fridge overnight. And serve Saturday evening in a party? Would it be still okay or it would be too hard to eat?
You can make these ahead of time but I don’t recommend you store them in the fridge because they will harden perhaps too much. There isn’t anything in the recipe that requires refrigeration.
All my previous experiences with treats like this is they shouldn’t harder and should be okay to make a day ahead. Please let me know how they turn out.
Sharon Hedge says
LOVE your recipes! Could you give directions for mixing up the S’mores Krispy Treats? They sound yummolicious! Thanks so much!
Aimee Berrett says
So Sorry! I had typed them up with the recipe and it must not have saved. They should be there now.
Ellen Garrett says