This s’mores dip is so easy to make, with only 2 ingredients, and it’s ready in about 10 minutes. It’s a great way to enjoy gooey s’mores without the campfire!
This gooey s’mores dip is the perfect way to have s’mores at home, all year long! It’s go the great flavor of melted chocolate, and gooey melty marshmallows all served with graham crackers for the perfect s’mores treat!
This easy dip might be the easiest dessert dip yet, it’s only three ingredients and ready in less than 10 minutes!
This s’mores dip is great for serving a crowd. It makes a pan full of delicious chocolatey, marshmallowey gooeyness that is perfect served up with a wide variety of dipping options. You can either let people dip right into the dip (just try and ask for no dounle dipping 😉 ) or they can scoop a little on individual plates to enjoy.
It’s definitely a party favorite, whether you’re serving it in the summer time to skip the fire, for a fun game or movie night, at a holiday party, you name it!
August S’mores Recipe Challenge:
We’ve started something new this year. We do a monthly recipe challenge, with different themes each month. For the month of August, the theme is s’mores! At the end of the month I’ll randomly select one entry to be the winner and send them a $100 Amazon Gift Card.
Here’s How to enter our August S’mores Challenge:
- Choose any s’mores recipe from our website, and make it! It could be any s’mores recipe recipe from our site! We have so many amazing s’mores recipes, you’re bound to find something you love. You could make our indoor s’mores, s’mores krispy treats, s’mores brownies, s’mores snack mix, or try one of our 25 s’mores ideas.
- Send me a picture of the recipe you made. Snap a quick picture on your phone and email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can DM it to me on instagram @lmldfood.
- Get Bonus Entries by leaving a comment with a review on the recipe you made. Make sure to let me know in the comment that you made it for our August No Bake Challenge so I can keep track!
- Make as many s’mores recipes as you want, and get entered each time you make one and send me a photo.
The challenge is open to anyone over 18 years of age, and runs from August 1st, 2021 to August 31, 2021. The winner will be randomly selected. The odds of winning depend on how many entries are received. I will reach out via email or Instagram to notify the winner on September 1, 2021.
Here’s our past monthly challenges, for fun:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream (Ice Cream Recipes)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars (No Bake Recipes)
- German Potato Salad (Potluck Recipes)
- Lemon Sheet Cake (Citrus Recipes)
Now back to this amazing s’mores dip recipe!
How to make S’mores Dip?
This dip has pretty much no prep, all you need to do is unwrap some chocolate bars, and open a bag of marshmallows and go.
Break the chocolate bars into bite sized pieces, then pile them up in the bottom of an 8 or 9 inch cast iron pan, spread out to the edges.
Add a layer of marshmallows all over the top of the chocolate. Place them touching each other in the pan (and they’ll also swell up and expand as they cook).
Bake the pan in a preheated oven until the marshmallows are toasted on top, and the chocolate is mostly melted underneath. Remove the pan from the oven and let it sit for another few minutes as the chocolate will continue to melt. Serve with your favorite dippers, and enjoy!
Tips for making S’mores Dip:
- I like making this dip with the classic Hershey’s chocolate bars since that’s the flavor I’m used to with s’mores but you could substitute that for any of your favorite chocolates, semi sweet, dark, or white chocolate even.
- If you don’t have chocolate bars on hand, you can also substitute chocolate chips.
- You can even make this dip in the microwave. Just make sure to make up the dip in a microwave safe dish. (Also, you won’t get the toasted brown marshmallow tops, just ooey gooey).
- A cast iron skillet is a great option for making this because it helps keep the dip warm for longer, but you can substitute a similar sized pan you already have on hand, if you don’t have one. Also, be sure to grease your pan if you’re using a cake pan or something else.
- If your dip has been sitting out for a long time and starts to get hard, just pop it right back in the oven for a few minutes until it’s warm again, to make it nice and gooey again.
What to serve with S’mores Dip?
- Traditional Graham crackers (of course)
- Cinnamon Graham Crackers
- Chocolate Graham Crackers
- Apple Slices
- Golden Oreos
- Biscoff Cookies
This s’mores dip is so delicious. In fact my two boys both claimed it was the best recipe I’ve ever made for my site, and the best thing they’ve ever eaten. So if that’s not singing it’s praises, I don’t know what else to say 😉
More s’mores recipes:
- Indoor S’mores
- S’mores Hershey Kiss Cookies
- S’mores Popcorn Balls
- S’mores Ice Cream
- S’mores Muddy Buddies
- Air Fryer S’mores
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 12 oz Chocolate Bars
- 10 oz large marshmallows
- graham crackers
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the chocolate pieces to the bottom of a cast iron skillet.
- Arrange the marshmallows upright, covering the whole layer of chocolate with them.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake until the marshmallows are puffy, and the tops start to turn golden brown. (Watch closely)
- Remove the dip from the pan and let it sit for about 5 minutes to make sure the chocolate melts completely.
- Serve warm with graham crackers, and other delicious dippers.