This strawberry lemonade is the best, most refreshing, summertime drink. Its a little sweet, a little tangy, and a lot delicious.
Photos Updated: 6/8/17
This strawberry lemonade is made from fresh squeezed lemons, strawberry puree, a simple syrup of sugar and water, and more water. Its a very easy recipe, but the result is a fantastic mix of the strawberry and lemon flavors.
This delicious lemonade is perfect for a warm summer day. It’s sweet, a little tart and delicious. If you like your lemonade sweeter you might want to add a little extra sugar to the simple syrup mixture.
This lemonade is so good. Its good this burst of strawberry flavors come through and of course the lemon flavor too. Its sweet, but not too sweet. Though you could add a little less or more sugar as needed for your preferences. You could also add a little more water to the mix to dilute the flavor if its too strong for you.
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 cups water (divided)
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Puree strawberries using a food processor or blender until smooth. Add in a little water as needed depending on the power of your blender.
- Push strawberry puree through a fine mesh strainer to remove extra pulp and seeds and pour puree into a large pitcher.
- Combine sugar and 1 cup of water in a small sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour simple syrup into the pitcher.
- Pour remaining water and lemon juice into the pitcher.
- Stir everything together.
- Serve over ice.
Amber Brady says
Look at the foam from the strawberries! Yummy! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #16!
~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
Brooke @ Silver Lining says
Yummy! I’m a fan of anything with puree in it lately, and this summer drink sounds delicious. I know who I’m assigning to drinks for our next blogger meet-up 😉
Brooke, I would love too! Lets have another meet up!
Jill @ BeingSpiffy says
That looks amazing!
Teresa @SassySuburbanite says
Yum! This sounds very refreshing. I hope I don’t sound like a lush, but what alcohol would you suggest I put in it if I’d like to make this an adult drink? Vodka?
I’m sorry Teresa, I’m actually not an alcohol drinker, so I wouldn’t know for sure! Good luck!
Yummy recipe Aimee 🙂 ! and once again your pictures look amazing!