Spruce up your Beef Roast with this tavern style sauce, potatoes, and carrots for a mouthwatering dinner
**I created my Tavern Style Crock Pot Beef Roast with Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauce as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. All opinions are my own. #CampbellsSkilledSaucers
Yesterday was the first real snow we got here in Orem. And it didn’t just sprinkle a little snow. It really snowed. And it really snowed some more. We got about 8 inches of snow throughout the day yesterday. And it was freezing. And today the high is supposed to be 23 degrees. So when I say this meal was the perfect meal to come home to last night after a long day of work, and a long day of watching the snow come down from my office window.
This meal was so heart warming and perfect for the cold day we had yesterday. Meat and potatoes and other hot vegetables all drizzled with gravy. Yum!
Campbell’s recently got into a new and awesome product called Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauce. They have 5 different types of sauces that are so easy to add to your crock pot with just some meat to make a delicious and easy any day of the week dinner. Their new slow cooker sauce varieties include: Tavern Style Pot Roast (which I used for this yummy recipe!), Sweet Korean BBQ, Hawaiian Luau, Morraccan Spiced Stew, and Mexican Red Chile Taco. These sauces are only a couple dollars each at the grocery store, and they make your slow cooker meal even easier than ever before! You can just get the suggested meat, put it in your crock pot and pour the sauce over the top and voila, a few hours later you’ll have a simply amazing weeknight dinner!
I decided to spruce my crock pot beef roast up by adding a few of my favorite vegetables into the mix, but the sauce has so much delicious flavor built in that I didn’t need to add any extra seasonings.
So for this recipe you’ll just need to chop up some vegetables; potatoes, carrots, and onions. Sear the beef on each side to trap in the delicious flavor and juices. And toss everything into the crock pot including the new Campbell’s Tavern Style Pot Roast sauce.
Tavern Style Crock Pot Beef Roast
- 2-2.5 pound Beef Chuck Roast
- 4 large potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 2 cups baby carrots (or large carrots peeled and chopped)
- 1 medium sized yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 13 oz package Tavern Style Pot Roast Sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 TBS flour
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- Heat a saute pan over medium high heat on your stove top. Put your beef roast into the pan when hot and allow to cook for about 30 seconds on each side to sear.
- Add your chopped vegetables into the bottom of your crock pot.
- Put your seared beef on top of your vegetables in your crock pot.
- Pour the Tavern Style Pot Roast Sauce over the top of your beef and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours until beef is nice and tender.
- Remove meat and vegetables from crock pot. Allow meat to set for a couple minutes before slicing.
- Pour gravy juice into a large pan, mix together water and flour in a small bowl and then add to gravy. Add 1 tsp salt if you want a little more salt flavor. 🙂
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stirring occasionally. Allow to simmer for a few minutes until gravy reaches desired temperature.
- Top sliced meat and vegetables with hot gravy!
Enjoy this easy and delicious weeknight meal of beef and vegetables!