Spruce up your Beef Roast with this tavern style sauce, potatoes, and carrots for a mouthwatering dinner
**I created my Tavern Style Crock Pot Beef Roast with Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauce as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. All opinions are my own. #CampbellsSkilledSaucers
Yesterday was the first real snow we got here in Orem. And it didn’t just sprinkle a little snow. It really snowed. And it really snowed some more. We got about 8 inches of snow throughout the day yesterday. And it was freezing. And today the high is supposed to be 23 degrees. So when I say this meal was the perfect meal to come home to last night after a long day of work, and a long day of watching the snow come down from my office window.
This meal was so heart warming and perfect for the cold day we had yesterday. Meat and potatoes and other hot vegetables all drizzled with gravy. Yum!
Campbell’s recently got into a new and awesome product called Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauce. They have 5 different types of sauces that are so easy to add to your crock pot with just some meat to make a delicious and easy any day of the week dinner. Their new slow cooker sauce varieties include: Tavern Style Pot Roast (which I used for this yummy recipe!), Sweet Korean BBQ, Hawaiian Luau, Morraccan Spiced Stew, and Mexican Red Chile Taco. These sauces are only a couple dollars each at the grocery store, and they make your slow cooker meal even easier than ever before! You can just get the suggested meat, put it in your crock pot and pour the sauce over the top and voila, a few hours later you’ll have a simply amazing weeknight dinner!
I decided to spruce my crock pot beef roast up by adding a few of my favorite vegetables into the mix, but the sauce has so much delicious flavor built in that I didn’t need to add any extra seasonings.
So for this recipe you’ll just need to chop up some vegetables; potatoes, carrots, and onions. Sear the beef on each side to trap in the delicious flavor and juices. And toss everything into the crock pot including the new Campbell’s Tavern Style Pot Roast sauce.
Tavern Style Crock Pot Beef Roast
- 2-2.5 pound Beef Chuck Roast
- 4 large potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 2 cups baby carrots (or large carrots peeled and chopped)
- 1 medium sized yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 13 oz package Tavern Style Pot Roast Sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 TBS flour
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- Heat a saute pan over medium high heat on your stove top. Put your beef roast into the pan when hot and allow to cook for about 30 seconds on each side to sear.
- Add your chopped vegetables into the bottom of your crock pot.
- Put your seared beef on top of your vegetables in your crock pot.
- Pour the Tavern Style Pot Roast Sauce over the top of your beef and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours until beef is nice and tender.
- Remove meat and vegetables from crock pot. Allow meat to set for a couple minutes before slicing.
- Pour gravy juice into a large pan, mix together water and flour in a small bowl and then add to gravy. Add 1 tsp salt if you want a little more salt flavor. 🙂
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stirring occasionally. Allow to simmer for a few minutes until gravy reaches desired temperature.
- Top sliced meat and vegetables with hot gravy!
Enjoy this easy and delicious weeknight meal of beef and vegetables!
My friends in Alaska made this gravy with sour cream and vinegar I believe. I understand some combination with Guiness Extra Stout or a dark ale works for the gravy as well. Thought I’d ask and see if anyone had a recipe for the sauce.
I loved this recipe! Is there any way to make it in a dark and sour gravy?
Aimee Berrett says
I’m sorry I don’t know what a dark and sour gravy is
Yes!!!!!!!!! I will definitely be adding the vegatables next time I make pot roast again. Thank you very much!!
I just made this roast today, I didn’t add the vegetables to the slow cooker so I made mashed potatoes with broccli and cheese on the side… My truck driving boyfriend LOVED it! Even my daughter enjoyed the sauce. After a long day from second grade she was a huge fan of slow cooked roast today.
Aimee Berrett says
I’m so glad that you and your daughter and your boyfriend liked it!! Its so nice to have an easy, and hot and delicious meal to come home to, isn’t it?
Cindy Purdie says
I am not a fan of the sauce. There was a strange flavor that I could not put my finger on – almost tasted like a sauce made with bad wine. Once I read the ingredients, it made sense….beer and fermented vinegar. Had I read that in the grocery store, I wouldn’t have bought it. It was edible, but I won’t make it again.
Ashlee Prisbrey says
Mmmm I love a good roast! And I like that you thickened the gravy! and that fork? LOVE!
Bunny Eats Design says
I haven’t tried a beef roast in our crockpot yet. I’ve only done things like pulled pork or brisket.
I find pub-style meals really comforting but have to say, hardly ever order this kind of food when I’m at one. It’s much better to make this kind of food at home, especially when you can have heaps of leftovers for extra meals 🙂
I grew up having roast, potatoes, and carrots every Sunday! Looks amazing. I’m interested in trying the Tavern sauce.