These white chocolate, macadamia nut and cranberry cookies have such a yummy flavor in every bite!
These white chocolate macadamia nut, cranberry cookies only take about 30 minutes or less from starting to mix the ingredients to getting them into your mouth and belly.
These cookies are a little chewy, with crispy edges, and delicious bites of tangy cranberries, sweet white chocolate chips, and crunchy macadamia nuts. It’s not a revolutionary flavor combination, but let me tell you they are quite delicious. I had a hard time not eating a whole pan of them at once.
A few weeks ago I decided to make cookies for my students as a reward for something in class, as well as for a goodbye to a couple of the students who were on their last day in our classroom. Now, if you know me you know I love a good excuse for trying out a new recipe, especially a new cookie recipe. So that’s how I decided upon these white chocolate, macadamia nut, and cranberry cookies.
They were delicious and loved by everyone in the class.
This white chocolate macadamia and cranberry cookie recipe is a pretty straightforward cookie recipes. It has the basics of creaming together butter with brown and white sugar. Add a dash of vanilla extract and eggs to bring it all together. Flour, salt, and baking soda to give the cookies substance, flavor, and help them rise while baking.
But of course my favorite part of the cookies are the chunks. The creamy white chocolate chips, crunchy macadamia nuts, and tart dried cranberries come together for such a delicious flavor combination in these cookies.
How to keep cookies soft?
I noticed with these cookies that they seemed to crisp up after a day or two, even in a ziplock bag. To keep the cookies nice and soft, you can throw in a slice of bread, and it will soften the cookies nicely, by having them take the extra moisture from the bread.
The cookies should now last for 3 to 4 days, though I bet you’ll be eating them all up before that. 😉
Looking for more cookie recipes?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
White Chocolate, Macadamia Nut, and Cranberry Cookies
White chocolate macadamia nut cranberry cookie
- 1 cup butter (two sticks, softened)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup macadamia nuts (chopped slightly)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Large Mixing Bowl
White chocolate macadamia nut cranberry cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lay parchment paper on your cookie sheet
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugars until smooth
- Add 1 egg, beat in, add another egg, and beat in
- Mix in vanilla extract
- In another large bowl; shift together flour, baking soda, and salt
- Stir together dry ingredients with wet butter ingredients; adding in gradually - stir until combined
- Mix in nuts, chips, and cranraisins completely
- Scoop by tablespoons onto cookie sheet
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes, until golden brown
- Remove from oven, let cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet
- Remove to cooling rack to finish cooling
- Store in an airtight container (with a slice of bread to keep cookies soft - optional)
Recipe was originally published on August 5, 2012, pictures were updated on December 8, 2019.