I had a couple of cups of raspberries freshly picked this morning and I was in the mood for homemade ice cream. And when you are in the mood for ice cream you go for it. I was inspired by a couple of different recipes and then I used what I had on hand. So if you have raspberries, milk, half and half, sugar and vanilla plus the ice cream maker you are set. You will find this is a very simple and easy recipe but very pleasing to your taste buds. And it if you missed National Ice Cream Day, remember it is National Ice Cream Month too.
2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
1 cup milk (if you have whole milk it will be creamier but I only had skim)
2 cups half and half
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1) In a large bowl, put your raspberries and sugar, stir together and let sit for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to let the sugar and raspberries incorporate together
2) In your ice cream maker, add the milk, half and half, and vanilla. Add the raspberries and sugar.
3) Turn your ice cream maker on and let it do the hard work.
4) After 20 to 30 minutes you have soft serve ice cream.
6) At this point you have a nice consistence of ice cream.
7) Serve in bowls, eat, and enjoy your ice cream.