Homemade strawberry ice cream is so rich and creamy, with an amazing fresh strawberry taste. Its egg and cook free, and so easy to make!
Can you tell that I’ve been on an ice cream kick lately? If you follow me on instagram, I’ve been sharing ice cream every day since Saturday. I love homemade ice cream so much, and this strawberry ice cream is a perfect one to add to my repetoire.
I don’t know if its the hot weather (its been in the upper 90s here for the last 2 weeks or so) or the fact that this coming sunday is national ice cream day, but whatever it is I want to eat ice cream pretty much every day all summer long.
This strawberry ice cream is the freshest of fresh. Its so creamy and has the perfect fresh strawberry flavor. You will use 2 cups of diced strawberries, pureed up in a blender to make the ice cream totally smooth. But if you want it a little chunkier, with pieces of strawberries throughout then you can just mash the strawberries with a potato masher, or forks instead.
The ice cream also needs, sugar, heavy cream, whole milk, a dash of vanilla extract and a dash of salt. That’s it. Only 6 ingredients and an ice cream maker later and you’ve got delicious strawberry ice cream. I often like custard based ice creams, with eggs being tempered in to the cooked heavy cream, but this is an eggless strawberry ice cream and you won’t miss it at all, its nice and creamy still, and so easy to throw it all together!
If you want to eat it right away, it’ll be the consistency of soft serve right after its done in the ice cream maker. You can have homemade strawberry ice cream in only about 40 minutes! Or you can freeze it in a bread pan or ice cream holder for a few hours (or overnight) and you’ve got nice scoopable ice cream.
The strawberries give the ice cream the perfect light pink color. Its such a pretty pink, but if you want it really dark you’re welcome to add a couple drops of red food coloring to the mix as well.
This is the perfect summer treat. Refreshing. Sweet. Easy. I promise you’ll love it as much as I do!
And if you want to try more refreshing ice cream flavors this summer, I think you’ll love these: strawberry cheesecake ice cream, banana ice cream with walnuts and chocolate chunks, dark chocolate raspberry smore ice cream, or this strawberry peach ice cream
Strawberry Ice Cream
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 cup sugar (divided)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- Mix chopped strawberries with 1/2 cup sugar in a medium sized bowl. Allow to set for about 15 minutes so strawberries release their juices.
- Blend strawberries up in a blender or food processor.
- In a large bowl combine strawberry mixture with heavy cream, whole milk, vanilla extract, salt and remaining sugar. Set aside.
- Pour strawberry cream mixture into prepared ice cream maker. Allow to run according to manufactures instructions (Mine is about 30 minutes.)
- Serve now for soft serve ice cream.
- For scoopable ice cream, scoop ice cream into a bread loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for 6 hours up to overnight.