French bread pizza is so much easier to make than regular pizza, and sometimes I prefer it to regular pizza (at least that we make) because the bread gets so crispy and crunchy and good.
Also, french bread is MUCH easier than whipping up a batch of pizza dough – no proofing the yeast, no waiting for the dough to rise. All you need is a loaf of french bread and a few toppings and it only takes about 15 minutes to put it all together and cook it up.
This time I decided to make a BBQ chicken french bread pizza instead of traditional marinara pizza – though I love that too. Because I had leftover shredded chicken and this was the perfect time to use it.
I love BBQ chicken pizza so much! The flavors come together like pure perfection, just a little chicken, of course bbq sauce, red onion, cheese and cilantro – oh I really love cilantro. All on top of crispy french bread, it really is a dinner you and your whole family will love.
- 1 loaf of french bread
- ½ cup bbq sauce
- 1½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 1-2 TBS cilantro, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut your french bread loaf in half (hot dog style).
- Spread bbq sauce evenly over the top of each french bread loaf.
- Sprinkle about ⅓ of the mozzarella over the top of each loaf.
- Spread chicken, red onion and cilantro evenly over both loaves.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and starts to turn golden.
Enjoy this delicious bbq chicken pizza for a quick dinner with your whole family.