**This delicious one pot chicken enchilada pasta is made using Barilla Pronto pasta as part of a sponsored post with TapInfluence. All opinions are my own. #OnePanPronto
I love pasta. Always have, and always will. I grew up eating spaghetti with marinara sauce or carbonara style at least once a week as part of our regular rotation. Now a days I try and switch it up a little, but we have some sort of pasta every week. Since one pot pastas came about I fell in love, though I’ve only made a few – this one pot chicken enchilada pasta is another delicious one to add to the list.
This one pot chicken enchilada pasta is simple to make and so delicious! Its full of flavor and has the same great taste as chicken enchiladas, but with pasta noodles instead of all wrapped in a tortilla.
The great thing about one pot dishes is easy clean up. You literally cook this whole meal up in one pan and you can serve it out of the same pan too.
For this chicken enchilada pasta, first you’ll heat up some onions and garlic till soft and fragrant, add in your chicken and cook it completely. Then add in your enchilada sauce, chicken stock, and noodles. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove the lid and cook for a few more minutes to the sauce can thicken up. Stir in your cheese and your ready to serve. You can garnish it with olive slices, green onions, and cilantro if you want. Any way you have it, I promise you’ll love this yummy dish!
The perfect noodles for this easy pasta dish is Barilla® Pronto™ Pasta. These noodles are cooked even faster than traditional Barilla noodles, with the same great texture and taste. I’ve prepared an amazing one pot pasta dish for you, but even without my help Barilla® Pronto™ is made in one pan, and you dont even have to wait for the water to boil or drain. Just grab a box from from your local Kroger store and you’ll have dinner in ready in a short time! For more great recipes with Barilla® Pronto™, try these.
Are you ready for a big scoop of this super easy recipe now?
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- ¼ cup diced onion (about ½ of a small onion)
- 2 raw large chicken breasts, diced
- 1 TBS taco seasoning
- 1 19oz or 2 10oz red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8oz penne noodles (or other short noodle)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- green onions
- sliced back olives
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and add olive oil. Add in your garlic and onion and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often till softened.
- Add in your chicken breasts and cook through.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning and stir together.
- Add in your enchilada sauce, chicken broth, and noodles and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook for another 5 minutes till noodles are soft and sauce is reduced.
- Add in 1 cup of your cheese and stir into the pasta.
- Sprinkle top with additional cup of cheese and leave for about 2 or 3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with your choice of toppings.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla®. The opinions and text are all mine.