This chicken bacon ranch pasta is a delicious, cheesy, pasta dish, covered in a delicious white ranch sauce, lots of cheese, chicken and bacon!
This yummy pasta dish is a new favorite of ours. My whole family gobbled this pasta up. Even my kids loved it, which doesn’t happen all the time!
I love chicken bacon and ranch together. I mean, who doesn’t? So I knew it would be delicious to make it all into a tasty and easy pasta dish.
This chicken bacon ranch pasta is made up with shredded chicken, pasta, a ranch dressing seasoned alfredo sauce, bacon, and cheese!!! That’s seriously it, this pasta dish is so easy to make, and there are a few hacks you can do to make this dish in only like 40 minutes.
If you love easy casseroles, you’ll also love this Doritos Chicken Casserole.
Helpful Tips to Make this Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta:
- Use a rotisserie chicken instead of cooking your own chicken. This is a great cheap, and easy way to save a step. You could enjoy a rotisserie chicken for dinner one night, then use up the leftover chicken with this recipe.
- Use store bought alfredo sauce to save a step. Any alfredo sauce will work, you will need about 15-16oz, or 2 cups of alfredo sauce.
- You can use any small or medium sized pasta noodle. I like rotini, penne, shells, macaroni, etc.
- Add half a block of softened cream cheese to your pasta dish for an extra creamy cheese sauce. Heat the sauce up in a small pot on the stove over medium heat to help mix it all together.
- Cooked pasta noodles – cook your pasta to al dente for the best texture, especially since it will continue to be cooked as the dish bakes
- Alfredo sauce – a store bought or homemade Alfredo sauce will work for this recipe.
- Salt and black pepper – to add a little flavor to the pasta, taste the sauce as you add them if you don’t want it too salty.
- Ranch Dressing Mix – dry ranch seasoning mix, or ranch dressing powder.
- Shredded chicken – make some fresh juicy chicken for this, or this is a great way to use up some leftover chicken from another meal.
- Cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese – we want this pasta extra cheesy and delicious. Your favorite cheese blends will work well too.
- Bacon – this adds the perfect salty crunch, and flavor to the pasta dish. Bacon is always a good idea.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to store?
Store any leftover pasta in an airtight container, or in the original baking pan wrapped tightly in plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 4 or 5 days. Reheat individual portions in the microwave until warm.
Can this be frozen?
This is a great pasta dish that can be frozen. Make the casserole dish as directed, up until you sprinkle cheese and bacon over the top of the dish. Cover the dish tightly with a layer of plastic wrap, then aluminum foil and freeze.
The dish can be frozen for up to 3 months. Let the dish thaw in the fridge and bake as directed. Or bake the dish covered with foil for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for an additional 20 to 30 minutes until hot throughout.
I like to double the recipe and make two dishes of the casserole, and have one for dinner tonight and freeze one for a busy weeknight later.
What type of noodles can I use?
You can use any preferred medium or short pasta noodle. I like penne pasta, rotini pasta, or bow tie noodles the best.
What to serve with pasta?
I love serving this baked pasta casserole with some garlic bread, a side salad, and some roasted vegetables, or fresh fruit for a complete meal.
Where to find Ranch Seasoning?
You should be able to find Ranch Seasoning at almost any grocery store near other salad dressing bottles. If you can’t find the mix you can make your own with a mix of ingredients like onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, and dill – here’s a good recipe.
There isn’t much better than a delicious pasta dish made with simple ingredients. It’s a great casserole dish with cheese added in and baked up to gooey cheesy pasta perfection, it’s the ultimate comfort food and is a great easy meal that the entire family will love.
To make this yummy easy dinner recipe, you’ll just pour everything into a big bowl together, you’ll add in your noodles, alfredo sauce, ranch dressing packet, chicken, bacon, and cheese. Stir it all up and mix it all together to make those flavors blend together really well.
Then you’ll top it all with extra cheese, and a little more bacon. Top it with some fresh parsley to make it extra pretty, and that’s it, you guys! Can’t beat that for an easy pasta recipe!
Looking for more chicken pasta recipes:
More Favorites from Like Mother, Like Daughter
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- 16 oz medium pasta noodles (cooked)
- 16 oz Alfredo sauce
- 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (to taste)
- 1 oz Ranch Dressing Mix
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (separated)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (separated)
- 8 slices bacon (cooked, and chopped)
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add in your pasta, alfredo sauce, salt and pepper, ranch seasoning, chicken, 1 cup of your cheese, and half of your bacon pieces. Stir it all together.
- Pour pasta into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top of the pasta.
- Sprinkle bacon pieces over the top of the cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake about 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the whole dish is bubbly and hot throughout.
- Serve immediately.