This one pan cheesy chicken pasta is perfect for dinner. It’s so easy to make, and only takes about 30 minutes, and one pan to make! It’s packed full of yummy flavors, with a creamy cheesy sauce, and everyone will love it!
You can’t beat an easy one pan dinner that the whole family will gobble up, and maybe even ask for seconds, can you? This one pan cheesy chicken pasta is just the answer for your busy weeknight. It’s so easy, and so delicious.
Have you made a one pan/one pot/one dish meal before? This was my first, but it will definitely not be my last. I was afraid cooking a one pan meal would be hard, but silly me – everything is literally cooked in one pan, even the pasta noodles.
Not only does using one pan make for an easy cooking process, but an even easier cleaning process. There is literally only one pan to clean (except of course your plates and forks too 😉 ).
One pan brings together all the flavors, from the start to the finish. The pasta soaks in all the yummy flavors of the chicken broth and herbs while becoming soft enough to eat. Making this pasta dish extra easy, and extra delicious too.
After the pasta noodles are cooked and soak in all that flavor, you’ll add in some yummy shredded cheese. This cheesy chicken pasta dish is extra creamy, extra cheesy, and extra delicious.
How to make one pan cheese chicken pasta?
Heat up a large saute pan over medium heat and add some olive oil. Add in your diced onion and saute for 3 to 5 minutes until the onion is translucent and fragrant. Add in the red pepper pieces and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Stirring occasionally while it cooks. Add in the minced garlic and saute until it’s a light golden color.
Add the chicken and brown, flipping, and stirring to cook it on all sides. But you don’t need to cook it all the way through, it will keep cooking as you cook the noodles. Add in the chicken broth, pasta noodles, and your spices. Stir it all together. Bring the liquid to a boil, and cook until the pasta is al dente according to the package directions (probably between 7 and 10 minutes) but until the liquid is soaked up into the noodles as well.
Lower the temperature to low and add in the Greek yogurt and cream cheese. Stir it until it’s all mixed in and makes a nice and creamy sauce. Add in your shredded cheese and stir it in until it’s melted.
Top with more shredded cheese and parsley if desired, and serve hot!
This one pan cheesy chicken pasta is definitely a winner. It’s ready in just over 35 minutes, and its the perfect creamy, cheesy, flavorful chicken pasta dish. If I could eat it once a week I would – actually, maybe I should 😉
Looking for more one pan recipes?
- One Pot Sausage Pasta
- One Pan Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- One Pot Chicken Enchilada Rice Casserole
- One Pot Taco Pasta
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
One Pan Cheesy Chicken Pasta
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into bite size)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups penne noodles
- 3/4 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (to taste)
- 4 oz light cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup plain Greek nonfat yogurt
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Italian cheese (divided)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat add 2 TBS olive oil.
- Add the onion and saute for a few minutes until transparent, stirring occasionally.
- Add the red pepper and saute for a minute or two, stirring 1 or 2 times.
- Add the minced garlic and saute until lightly golden.
- Add the chicken pieces and brown. Turning to brown on each side but don't cook the chicken thoroughly (that will happen while cooking the penne).
- Add the chicken broth and then the penne noodles.
- Add all the spices and stir in.
- Bring to a boil and cook until penne is al dente (follow the instructions on the packaging). Stirring occasionally, put the lid on if necessary to not let it dry out.
- Once the penne is al dente, lower the temperature and then add the Greek yogurt and cream cheese. Stir until all is mixed in and it makes a creamy sauce.
- Finally add 1 cup of the Sargento Chef Blend shreeded 6 Cheese Italian, stir in and let melt.
- Serve warm sprinkling the remaining 1/4 cup of 6 Cheese Italian on top of your individual plates.
This one pan cheesy chicken pasta was first published on February 16, 2015. Photos updated on July 3rd, 2020.
This one pan cheesy chicken pasta was originally sponsored by Sargento®. The opinions and text are all mine own. #ad #ChoppedAtHome #RealCheesePeople #contest