These almond joy energy balls have all the great flavors of almond joy candies, in a much better for you, snack sized ball, with the great flavors of chocolate, coconut, and almond all in one.
Energy balls are one of my favorite healthy snacks, from my monster cookie granola bites, peanut butter banana energy bites, or blueberry almond granola bar bites. They’re the perfect snack to keep on hand when you want something sweet, but better for you.
These almond joy energy balls are maybe my new favorite flavor. They’ve got the perfect flavor combination of chocolate, coconut, and almond, all wrapped in one delicious granola bar bite.
How to make almond joy energy balls?
These almond joy energy balls are so easy to make. You literally mix all the ingredients in a medium sized bowl until you have a nice soft mixture. Then stick it in the fridge for a few minutes to get so it isn’t quite as sticky.
Remove the mixture from the fridge and roll it into small balls, approximately 1 to 1.5 TBS in size, and place them on a baking sheet lined with a silicone liner or parchment. Stick them back in the fridge for about 10 minutes, then drizzle the tops with melted chocolate if desired.
(You’ll need to melt about 1/4 cup of chocolate chips for drizzling, but you actually only get about 1/3 of it on the tops of the balls – it’s hard to melt less than that at once, and it’s easier to drizzle if you let your self get some over the edges a bit so the balls are evenly covered as pictured above.)
Place them back in the fridge for about 30 minutes on the tray, then transfer them to a ziptop bag or other airtight container for storage.
How to store almond joy energy balls?
These energy balls are extra great because they can stay good kept in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Place them in an airtight container, or ziptop bag, and then they’re ready to enjoy whenever you need them.
I love grabbing one or two out of the fridge when I need a quick afternoon boost.
Tips for making almond joy energy balls:
- Add a little more protein to your balls, by adding in about 1 TBS of your favorite chocolate or vanilla protein powder.
- You can easily double this recipe, if you want more of these delicious babies.
- These power balls can also be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months.
These almond joy energy balls are the perfect flavorful balls of energy when you need a quick snack. Keep a bag of them in the fridge when you want something sweet, but also good for you!
They’re loaded with protein, fiber, potassium, and calcium and yet are still delicious! They have the delicious flavors of almonds, coconut, and chocolate all wrapped up in a delicious bite sized ball. Even your kids will love them! (If you’re willing to share, of course 😉 )
More energy ball recipes?
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Balls
- Peanut Butter Banana Energy Balls
- Monster Cookie Granola Bites
- Blueberry Almond Granola Bar Bites
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Almond Joy Energy Balls
For Almond Joy Balls:
- 6 TBS creamy almond butter
- 2 TBS honey
- 2 TBS coconut oil (softened)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 TBS flax seeds (optional)
- 1 TBS chia seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened or sweetened)
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
For Dipping Almond Joy Balls:
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- In a medium sized bowl, add your almond butter, honey, coconut oil, oats, flax, chia, chocolate chips, coconut, and almonds. Stir the mixture together till the oats are evenly coated in the liquid mixture.
- Stick the bowl in the fridge for about 10 minutes, to help so it isn't so sticky when rolling.
- Roll the oat mixture into small balls, about 1 to 1.5 Tablespoons in size (I made 18 balls) and set them onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, or a silicone liner. (The best way I found the balls to stick together is squeezing them in one of my hands, then carefully shaping them into rounded balls - yes, it is a bit messy).
- Chill the pan in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a small bowl in 30 second increments, until you can stir it smooth.
- Scoop the chocolate into a ziplock bag, and snip a small piece of a corner of the bag off. Then remove the pan from the fridge and drizzle the chocolate evenly over the tops of the balls.
- Place the pan back in the fridge to chill more until the balls are hardened, and the chocolate is set.
- Enjoy a couple now, and put the remaining energy balls into a ziplock bag to store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.