Apple nachos are a perfect healthier treat, with sliced apples topped with caramel sauce, drizzled white chocolate, chocolate chips and any other delicious toppings you like!
Apple nachos are like a deconstructed caramel apple. It’s the perfect snack or dessert to share. It’s such an easy treat to make, with only a few ingredients, and you can make more or less depending how many people you want to serve.
If you’re just making an afternoon snack for your kids, you may only need one or two apples. If you’re taking a big tray of these for a party you’ll probably want 4 or 5 apples.
If you’re taking a tray of apple nachos for a party, you’ll want to make sure your apple slices don’t turn brown, otherwise the treat won’t look very appetizing and you’ll probably ending up throwing most of it away, and wasting all your ingredients.
How to keep apple slices from going brown?
I like to toss my apple slices into a bowl after I slice up my apples. Then I fill the bowl with cold water and a couple tablespoons of lemon juice. I mix the water and apples all around to make sure none of the slices are stuck together and all of them get a bit of the lemon juice mixture on them. Which helps keep them from turning brown.
I topped my apple nachos with caramel sauce, melted white chocolate, mini chocolate chips and sprinkles. Because who doesn’t love sprinkles?! You can top the apple slices with a variety of sweet toppings. Here are some yummy ideas.
Apple nacho topping ideas:
- caramel sauce or melted caramels
- chocolate sauce
- melted chocolate or white chips
- chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, etc.
- chopped peanuts (or other nuts)
- heath bits
- crushed Oreos
- crushed graham crackers
- peanut butter
- mini marshmallows
- dehydrated marshmallows
- chopped candy bars
- m&ms or reeses pieces
- shredded coconut
My kids have been wanting a lot more snacks now that we’re stuck home for a while, and these apple nachos are the perfect snack for them. I don’t feel as guilty about them having a snack, when the base of it is yummy fresh apple slices.
How to make apple nachos?
These apple nachos are so easy to make too, and only take a couple minutes to whip up – so I can get a snack into our bellies quickly with minimal whining.
You’ll first slice up your apples. You can use any apple variety you like. I like using a mix of green and red apples, or mostly green apples for these because the tartness of the green apple pairs perfectly with the sweet caramel and toppings.
Put your apple slices in the cold water and lemon juice and swirl them around to keep the apples from going brown. While the apples are sitting in the water you can prepare your other ingredients, like melting the chocolate, chopping up your candy bars or nuts, etc.
Arrange your apples on a plate or tray, overlapping them a bit. Drizzle the apples with melted caramels, white chocolate, sprinkle with chocolate chips and any other toppings you want.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
These apple nachos are such a delicious snack! They can be topped with whatever toppings you like, and everyone will gobble this plate up in no time!
Looking for more healthy snack ideas?
- Monster Cookie Granola Bites
- Rainbow Fruit Kabobs
- Simple Hummus Recipe
- Apple Snack Sandwiches
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Email
- 3 large apples
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce (or melted caramel)
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Slice each apple into about 20 slices. Anywhere from 16-24 is good.
- Soak apples in cold water and lemon juice to keep them from turning brown.
- Add white chocolate chips to a small microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each until melted.
- Dry off the apple slices with paper towels.
- Arrange the apple slices on a plate or tray.
- Drizzle white chocolate over the top of the apples.
- Drizzle caramel over the top of the apples.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips over the top of the apples.
- Sprinkle with any other toppings. Drizzle with any other sauce-ey toppings.
Seriously so easy and so so good!