Rainbow fruit kabobs are delicious and colorful healthy snack that adults and kids will love!
These rainbow fruit kabobs are so easy to make and so delicious to eat. The colors of the rainbows are such a fun and healthy way to get your kids to eat more fruit! And they make a perfect snack for after school, right before bed, or whenever you want to give your kids something sweet that doesn’t involve brownies, cookies, ice cream, or candy!
It can be hard finding a healthy treat that both my kids and I will love, but these rainbow fruit kabobs are the perfect solution! I even let my 3 year old help me put together some fruit kabobs and he loved helping me with my “recipe” and I loved spending that fun time with him doing something we both loved! His kabobs were a little less organized, but older kids (he’s only 3) will be able to put them in the fun rainbow pattern, and either way you’re getting your kids to make and eat lots of these fun fruit kabob skewers!
For the fruit kabobs you can use any of your favorite fruits that make each of the colors of the rainbow. Here are some ideas for each color!
Red: Raspberries, Strawberries, Watermelon, Seeded Cherries, Red Apples
Orange: Mandarin Orange Slices, Cantaloupe, Mango
Yellow: Pineapple, Peach, Banana
Green: Kiwi, Green Grapes, Green Apples, Honeydew
Blue: Blueberries, Dark Purple/Blue Grapes, Blackberries
Purple: Purple Grapes, Plums
Finish them with a marshmallow cloud if you want, or leave them off if you want too!
Rainbow fruit kabobs
- wooden kabob skewers
- strawberries (de-stemmed and cut in half if they are large)
- raspberries (choose these or strawberries)
- mandarin orange slices
- pineapple (cut into bite sized pieces)
- green grapes
- purple/red grapes
- marshmallows (cut in half if desired)
- Prepare all fruit.
- Place one strawberry or raspberry on skewers.
- Insert one or two mandarin orange slices onto each skewer.
- Add one pineapple piece to each skewer.
- Add one green grape to each skewer.
- Add two blueberries per skewer.
- Insert one purple grape onto each skewer.
- Add marshmallow to each skewer.
- Serve plain or with your favorite fruit dip.