These apple pie crescents are a quick and easy way to enjoy the flavors of apple pie with buttery cinnamon apples all topped with a maple glaze!
Apple pie is usually everyone’s favorite pie but sometimes making a whole pie, especially an apple pie can seem daunting. But these apple pie crescents are wrapped up in just about 30 minutes and they pass the test of flavor and yumminess of apple pies. I love that you make them with premade crescent roll dough like Pillsbury and only one apple.
I think part of the flavor comes from all that cinnamon and butter you cook the apples in. Yup, there is a little cooking before the baking but really that doesn’t add too much time and think of that sweet or tart apple smothered in butter and cinnamon plus a little brown sugar. Really, it adds so much more flavor.
First, I browned my butter a little before adding the chopped apples. I chose not to peel my apple but you can if you prefer. Just know your apple pie filling is softened and you probably won’t notice the peel, I didn’t. Now I used a sweet apple – like Pink Lady but if you prefer the tartness of say Granny Smith in your pies please feel free to use a tart apple.
Your chopped apples are going to soften while being swirled around in a brown sugar cinnamon mixture for about 10 minutes on the stove top. While your oven is preheating, you will roll out your crescent rolls, spread 1/8 of the apples and sugary gooey butter on the crescent, and then roll it up right back up to form your apple pie crescents.
I spread a little more melted butter on top and then sprinkled with more brown sugar and cinnamon on half of my rolls. The other half I glazed with a maple icing after baking. I don’t know which is my favorite way because they were both delicious. So you don’t have to choose you can do it like I did and top them half with brown sugar/cinnamon and half with maple glaze.
So if you have an apple on your counter and some crescent rolls in your fridge, let’s get baking our apple pie crescents.
Looking for more apple desserts:
- Caramel Apple Spice Starbucks Copycat
- Crescent Roll Apple Pie Bites
- Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- Apple Cider Donuts
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Apple Pie Crescents
Apple Pie Crescents
- 1 pkg crescents rolls
- 1 large apple* (chopped and cored)
- 4 TBS butter (divided)
- 3 TBS brown sugar (divided)
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon (divided)
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 3 TBS powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Apple Pie Crescents
- In a small saucepan, melt 3 TBS butter over low heat, stirring frequently for an additional two minutes to brown (watch so it will not burn.)
- Core and chop 1 large apple into 1/2 inch pieces, stir into melted butter to coat completely. Cooking over low heat and stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; coating the apples completely. Cook and stir frequently for about 5 more minutes until apples have softened. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread crescent rolls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Spread 1/8 apple filling over each roll. Starting at the large end of the triangle roll crescents up to the small end, turn and shape into a crescent on your cookie sheet.
- Melt 1 TBS butter and spread on top of each crescent roll.
- Sprinkle all or half of your rolls with the additional 1 TBS brown sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. **
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until golden.
- Remove and cool for a few minutes before glazing the other half or all with the maple glaze.
- Pour 1/4 cup maple syrup into a small bowl, add 1 tsp vanilla.
- Whisk in 3 TBS powdered sugar until all is combined.
- Drizzle over slightly cooled crescents.
- Enjoy and eat while warm. Any additional rolls store in an airtight container.