Who knew that making homemade butterfingers was so easy? Well maybe if you are on pinterest then maybe you’ve seen how easy it actually is. With just one secret ingredient. Candy Corn.
Now, the texture of these homemade butterfingers isn’t the exact same as the kind from the store – its a little less crunchy in the middle. But, Nate thinks they are even better this way. And really the flavor is spot on. Seriously, candy corn. Who knew?
Well a couple months ago, actually maybe back in October or November I bought candy corn from the grocery store. I’m actually not sure if its something that is for sale year round, or if it can only be bought during Halloween time.
Hopefully you can buy them year round, so that you can go to the store today to get some and then make this recipe. All it takes is candy corn, peanut butter and chocolate.
1 cup candy corn
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Put candy corn in a medium sized microwave safe bowl.
2. Microwave candy corn for about 1 minute on half power.
3. Add peanut butter to candy corn and stir a little.
4. Return to microwave, and microwave for another 30 seconds to 1 minute on half power until you can stir everything together.
5. Pour mixture into a bread pan lined with parchment paper.
6. Allow to harden for about 10 minutes.
7. Cut mixture into desired shapes.
8. Allow to harden for another 50 minutes or so, until solid.
9. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time on half power, until you can stir it smooth.
10. Dip peanut butter pieces into the chocolate chips and return to parchment paper to allow chocolate to harden.
Enjoy this popular candy bar from the comforts of you home!