This Butterfinger Candy Popcorn is a gooey marshmallow and peanut butter popcorn stuffed with Butterfinger pieces, and drizzled with chocolate.
You would think with how much I love candy that Halloween would be my favorite holiday, and I will admit it’s definitely up there. You see, I am a candy girl, and I’m actually not too picky about it either. Of course I have my favorites, but if you’re to offer me a piece of candy 9 times out of 10 I’ll take it.
Except if it’s black licorice flavored of course – blech! In fact, when asked recently how to “make my day” I responded that one could bring me some candy, and it’s totally true. A neighbor actually saw that answer and brought me candy a couple days later, it was so sweet of her!
Anyway, I love candy, but that’s just one reason why I love Halloween. I actually love dressing up for Halloween too! The last couple years it’s been so fun to have a husband to dress up with, and have costumes that go together.
Last year I was a street sign that said “bump ahead” to announce our pregnancy and Nate was a construction worker, the year before Nate was a fisherman and I was a fly, and the year before Nate was an overstuffed suitcase and I was a tourist. This year Colby is going to be a dinosaur, but I’m not too sure yet about Nate and I, maybe Flintstones.
Anyway, for as much as I just love eating candy by the handful, I love using it in recipes too. And this Butterfingers popcorn is the perfect recipe just for that. I used marshmallows and peanut butter to make the popcorn nice and gooey and oh so delicious, added in lots of chopped up Butterfingers pieces, and drizzled some delicious chocolate on top.
- unpopped popcorn kernels – you can pop your popcorn on the stove, in an air popper, or use a couple bags of microwave popcorn if needed too
- butter – you can use salted or unsalted butter for this one
- mini marshmallows – to make the popcorn nice and gooey
- creamy peanut butter – gives the popcorn coating a nice peanut butter flavor, substitute crunchy peanut butter if you like the texture
- chopped Butterfinger candy bars – chop them up roughly to
- chocolate chips – to drizzle over the top of the popcorn
How to make Butterfinger Popcorn?
- Pop your popcorn kernels using an air popper, on the stove top, or in the microwave. You can even use a simple store bought microwave popcorn if that’s what you have on hand. You’ll want to end up with about 14 to 15 cups of popped popcorn. Set it aside in a large bowl.
- In a large pot melt the butter over medium heat. You’re basically making melted marshmallow like you would for rice krispie treats. Once the butter is melted, add in the marshmallows and peanut butter and stir it together until the marshmallows are totally melted and the whole mixture is creamy.
- Pour the mixture over the popcorn, and carefully stir it to coat the popcorn in the mixture.
- Stir in 1 cup of the chopped Butterfinger pieces.
- Spread the mixture out onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Add the chocolate chips to a small microwave safe bowl and melt them for 30 seconds, stirring them as much as you can after. Melt the chocolate chips in additional 20 second increments until you can stir them totally smooth. Then using a spoon (or transfer the chocolate to a zip lock bag and snip the corner off with scissors) drizzle the chocolate evenly across the top of the popcorn.
- Sprinkle the remaining Butterfinger pieces evenly over the popcorn. Then let the mixture sit until the chocolate is hardened. Break it up into pieces and enjoy!
How to store popcorn?
Any leftover popcorn should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. You can use a zip top bag, or whatever you have on hand that can be sealed shut. It should stay good for about 1 week before the popcorn will start to soften and loose its texture.
This Butterfinger popcorn is a delicious fluffy popcorn with a great peanut butter coating, and real Butterfinger candy in every bite. It’s one of my favorite snacks and is such a great treat for peanut butter and chocolate lovers.
Looking for more Popcorn Recipes:
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Email
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Butterfingers
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Pop the popcorn as desired on the stove, microwave, or with an air popper. Pour popcorn into a large bowl and set it aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add in the marshmallows and your peanut butter and stir often until marshmallows are fully melted and the mixture is creamy.
- Pour the peanut butter marshmallow mixture over the popcorn and carefully stir to fully coat the popcorn.
- Mix in about 1 cup of the chopped Butterfinger pieces.
- Spread the popcorn onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir as much as you can. Melt in additional 20 second increments until you can stir it smooth.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the popcorn.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of Butterfinger pieces over the top of the popcorn.
- Allow to set until the chocolate is hardened, then separate into pieces and enjoy.
This Butterfinger popcorn was first posted on October 6, 2014. The photos and text were updated for clarity on October 17, 2022.
If you like this butterfinger candy popcorn, you might like these other popcorn varieties too:
JoAnn Davis says
Thanks for this delicious recipe! I love popcorn and Butterfingers. Even better together!
And sheesh to the one threatening to sue you over a picture of pizza. What has this world become?!?!
Right?! Who knows. Thank you so much, and thanks for your support.
MacKeighleigh Luu-Anders says
Why is the pizza the focus of the picture? Why did you have a picture of the pizza freezer? Are you sponsored by Tombstone? If you do not declare that you are I can and will take you to court. Please be more thoughtful of your actions in the future, I hope all the sugar from this recipe hasn’t gotten to your head.
The post says it was sponsored at the very top, sorry if you missed that.
Posting that type of remark didn’t reflect poorly on the creator of this website or the person who posted this recipe, but rather on you!
If you feel it is your responsibility to ‘police’ websites for their content then be professional and contact them directly – keep these type of remarks out of the recipe comment section.
How long does this keep? Sounds delicious!
Aimee Berrett says
I’ve never had it last very long because its so delicious we just can’t stop eating it! I would keep it in an airtight container at room temperature and I think it should be good for a few days!
I’ve never tried Butterfinger Popcorn before – what a delicious treat! #client
Somehow 45 minutes in a microwave to melt chocolate chips seems a little excessive…..(winking smiley face at this point)
Aimee Berrett says
Oh my gosh, thanks for catching that!! Of course 45 seconds 😉
Butterfinger popcorn? I bet this was so yummy!!!