These Butterfinger Brownies are fudgy, chocolate brownies, packed full of Butterfinger pieces and swirled with peanut butter for a dessert all chocolate and peanut butter lovers will go crazy for.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again and again, I love brownies. And my favorite brownies always come from a brownie mix. These Butterfinger brownies are a new favorite for me, with Butterfinger candy pieces throughout and peanut butter swirled through.
These brownies, are soft, chewy, chocolatey and stuffed full of those crunchy Butterfinger pieces with the flavors of chocolate and peanut butter in every bite!
This is the perfect easy and delicious recipe that everyone can enjoy!
So run to your local Kroger store and grab a box of brownie mix, eggs, oil, and peanut butter and you are set to make these scrumptious brownies!
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this Butterfinger Brownies Recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- Brownie Mix – you can also substitute your favorite homemade brownie recipe.
- Eggs, Oil, and Water as called for on the brownie box
- Creamy Peanut Butter – for delicious swirls of peanut butter throughout the brownies
- Chopped Butterfinger Candy Bars – for crunchy peanut butter bits in the brownies
How to make Butterfinger Brownies?
- Preheat the oven and line a square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy removal of the brownies once they are baked.
- Combine the brownie mix, eggs, oil, and water in a large bowl and stir them together until combined.
- Mix about 2/3 of the butter finger pieces into the brownie base. And scoop the brownie batter into the prepared pan.
- Melt the peanut butter in the microwave until it’s smooth enough to drizzle, then drop it on top of the brownie batter in dollops, or swirl it around the top. Use a knife to swirl the peanut butter into the top of the brownie batter creating a marbled pattern.
- Bake the brownies, until they are almost done. Then sprinkle the remaining Butterfinger pieces over the top of brownies.
- Bake the brownies a few more minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the brownies cool at least 20 minutes in the pan. Let them cool completely if you want clean slices on your brownie pieces.
Tips and Tricks:
- Don’t use natural peanut butter for this recipe. It hasn’t worked as well for me in these brownies.
- Don’t chop the your Butterfinger Bars into tiny pieces, the bars kind of fragment apart on their own, so you don’t need to cut these too small. That will also ensure nice big peanut butter chunks when you bite into the brownies. You can use Butterfinger bits for some of the Butterfinger pieces, but I recommend using some full Butterfingers so you get some big pieces too.
- To get nice clean cuts on your brownies, chill the pan of brownies well, and use a sharp knife to cut into them once they are chilled. Clean the knife off with paper towels in between slices.
How to store brownies?
The delicious brownies should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature to keep them from drying out. They can be stored for 4 to 5 days.
Can Butterfinger Brownies be frozen?
The chocolate Butterfinger brownies can also be frozen. Make sure to cut them into squares and wrap each square first in plastic wrap, then in foil, then place them in a freezer safe bag or container. They can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Unwrap them and let them thaw on a plate at room temperature for a few hours until they’re soft enough to eat. You can also microwave them at 50% power until warm and fudgy throughout.
These Butterfinger brownies are delicious Fudgy brownies loaded with peanut butter and Butterfinger pieces in every bite. They’re soft, chewy, and chocolate, and definitely a must make dessert for Butterfinger lovers! They’re such an easy dessert, and are a great way to use up some leftover Halloween candy, you know, if you have any.
More peanut butter desserts:
- No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake
- Butterfinger Cookies // The Food Charlatan
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 18 Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Butterfinger pieces
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9x9inch pan with parchment paper. .
- Combine the brownie mix, egg, oil and water according to package directions.
- Mix in 1 cup of the Butterfinger candy pieces.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Melt peanut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. Drop peanut butter on top of the brownies in dollops.
- Use a knife swirl peanut butter to create a marbled pattern.
- Bake the pan 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining Butterfinger pieces on top of brownies evenly.
- Bake for an addition 8-12 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean from brownies.
- Let the brownies cool, then slice and serve if you want even slices. (Or cool for 20 minutes, then slice and serve).
These Butterfinger brownies were first posted on August 8, 2016. The photos and text were updated for clarity on October 12, 2022.