This chicken berry salad is so refreshing and delicious. It’s perfect for a light lunch, or dinner, all spring and summer long!
This chicken berry salad is the perfect salad for summer time. It’s so refreshing with lots of cool lettuce and spinach, and fresh berries, mandarin oranges and grilled chicken. You can serve it with cold or warm chicken, whichever you prefer. It’s so good topped all topped with a creamy poppyseed dressing.
This salad is so light, its great for lunch or a lighter dinner. You can also serve it up in small portions as a yummy side dish! It would be great paired with some cheeseburgers, grilled steak, or grilled chicken (instead of putting it in the salad)
I love having a yummy salad like this almost every day for lunch all summer long. Everything abotu this salad was amazing from the grilled chicken, to the fresh berries, and everything in between. Topped with a great poppyseed dressing, it all comes together so wonderfully.
How to make chicken berry salad?
Salads are one of the easiest recipes to make. You have to prepare all your ingredients, grill up some chicken breasts, rinse and dry your fruit, etc. Then you can toss it all into a large bowl, and mix everything together. Add your favorite salad dressing, though I definitely recommend poppyseed and toss it together again, and serve!
Tips for making the best chicken berry salad:
- Instead of grilling up some fresh chicken just for this recipe, you can use some store bought grilled chicken strips, leftover rotisserie chicken, or some leftover grilled chicken from your dinner a couple night ago.
- Instead of sliced almonds, I also love adding candied almonds, walnuts, or pecans for an extra sweet crunch in this salad.
- You can use a variety of fresh berries for this salad. I used strawberries and blueberries when taking these pictures, but I also love using blackberries or raspberries too.
- You can also add cheese to this salad, I especially like it with feta.
- Instead of poppyseed dressing, this salad is also good with strawberry or raspberry vinaigrette.
This chicken berry salad is so good you’ll want to eat it all summer long. It’s easy, fresh, healthy, and delicious!
More summer salad ideas:
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Chicken, Berry, and Almond Salad
- 3 cups spring mix lettuce
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 15 oz can mandarin oranges (drained)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 grilled chicken breast (sliced)
- poppyseed dressing
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Add the spring mix, spinach, strawberries, blueberries, mandarin oranges and grilled chicken to a large bowl. Stir them together.
- Pour the salad dressing over the top, and toss it into the salad to coat everything.
- Serve immediately.
**This chicken berry salad was originally made in partnership with the Rubbermaid FreshWorks Produce Saver. All opinions are my own.