This chicken fajita salad is packed full of marinated chicken and vegetables, with your favorite toppings like cheese, avocado, and more.
This chicken fajita salad is perfect for lunch or dinner. It’s loaded with lots of chicken, vegetables, and delicious toppings making it not only good for you, but also filling.
This salad is easy to whip up, full of fresh vegetables, chicken, and of course lettuce. Then you can put all the yummy toppings on it, just like you would put on your tacos.
Chicken Fajita Salad Topping Ideas:
- sliced avocado or guacamole
- shredded cheese
- tortilla strips or chips
- salsa or pico de gallo
- sour cream
- diced tomatoes
How to make Chicken Fajita Salad?
The chicken is marinated in a quick 5 ingredient marinade, made of teriyaki sauce, salsa, lime juice, taco seasoning, and minced garlic. You’ll want to marinate the diced chicken for at least 10 minutes, up to 1 hour.
Then saute up your chicken. You can also keep the chicken breasts whole and grill them up, then dice them after cooking.
You’ll also want to cook your pepper and onion until they are soft. Slice up your lettuce into small bite sized pieces.
Then put everything together in a large bowl, stir it up. Top it with some cheese, guacamole, sour cream, salsa you name it. I also love adding some ranch dressing, or some tomatillo ranch. But you can skip the dressing if you add enough salsa, guacamole, etc.
I got the idea for this salad from a friend of mine from high school several years back. She has a beauty and lifestyle blog, and a youtube channel and did a video on what she eats in a day, and for dinner she made a chicken fajita salad. I thought it sounded delicious, and here we are. It is.
This chicken fajita salad is the perfect combination of chicken fajitas and salad.
And if you have a husband like mine, you can also easily serve the chicken and veggie mixture with some tortillas instead of mixing it in with the lettuce for a salad.
This chicken fajita salad is the perfect healthy lunch or dinner option. It’s fresh, and full of so much delicious flavor! You will gobble it right up!
Looking for more salad recipes?
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Oriental Chicken Salad
- Chicken Cranberry Sunflower Seed Salad
- Chicken Strawberry Almond Salad
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Chicken Fajita Salad
For the Chicken Marinade:
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 TBS lime juice
- 1 TBS taco seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic (minced)
For the Salad:
- 2 large chicken breasts (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
Other Optional Salad Toppings:
- 1/2 cup your choice of dressing (or more)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup tortilla strips
- Combine teriyaki sauce, salsa, lime juice, taco seasoning, and minced garlic in a small bowl.
- Pour sauce over chicken in a small container or bag to marinate for 10 minutes, up to 1 hour.
- Add 1 TBS of oil to a large saute pan and heat over medium high.
- Add marinated chicken, red pepper, green pepper, and onion to a large saute pan.
- Cool until chicken is cooked through and veggies are soft.
- Drain excess sauce and discard.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from heat and allow to cool while you prepare other ingredients.
- Cut lettuce into small bite sized pieces.
- Pour chicken and vegetables into bowl with lettuce and stir to combine.
- Top with any other toppings you'd like.
- Toss with your choice of dressing.
- Serve immediately.
This chicken fajita salad was first posted on February 12, 2014. Photos updated on April 22, 2020.