The perfect combination of chicken fajitas and salad together. It is full of fresh vegetables, chicken, and lettuce. Sounds so healthy and good.
Funnily enough, I got the idea for this salad from a friend of mine from high school. She has a beauty blog and you tube channel and did a video on what she eats in a day, and for dinner she made a chicken fajita salad. I thought it sounded delicious because we all know I love chicken fajitas and I love salad. So this is the perfect combo of both.
If you have husband’s like mine, you can easily serve the chicken and veggie mixture with some tortillas instead of mixing it in with the lettuce and they’ll still appreciate the delicious dinner that you prepared for them.
This salad is easy to whip up, full of fresh vegetables, chicken, lettuce of course. You can top it with whatever dressing you’d like, I chose ranch which was a great combo with all the flavor of the chicken and vegetables.
Chicken Fajita Salad
- 1/4 cup Yoshidas
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 TBS lime juice
- 1 TBS taco seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic (minced)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 large chicken breasts (sliced)
- 1 head romaine lettuce (torn into bite size)
- ranch dressing
- tortilla strips (garnish)
- Combine chicken, onion, peppers, garlic, taco seasoning, lime juice, salsa and Yoshidas in a large saute pan.
- Heat over medium high heat until chicken is fully cooked and veggies are soft.
- Drain excess sauce and discard.
- Allow to cook for a couple minutes while you prepare lettuce.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from heat and allow to cool partially.
- Cut lettuce into small bite sized pieces.
- Pour chicken and vegetables into bowl with lettuce and stir to combine.
- Pour in ranch dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Enjoy this chicken fajita salad as a healthy and flavorful lunch or dinner option!