This Crispy Chicken Cobb Salad is a twist on a traditional cobb salad, and is packed full of crispy chicken, boiled eggs, bacon, tomatoes, and cheddar cheese! Top it with your favorite dressing for a great healthy lunch or dinner option!
This crispy chicken cobb salad is full of crunchy lettuce, boiled eggs, crispy bacon, sweet tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese and crispy chicken. It’s great as a main dish or a side dish, and is totally customizable based on your preferences.
It can be served as a main dish, or in smaller portions as a side dish. Though it’s definitely filling enough to be on it’s own for lunch or dinner. Or delicious served with some yummy bread!
What are good cobb salad toppings?
This salad has some common, and some less common cobb salad ingredients. But would also be delicious with a few more additions to it. Here are some of my favorite cobb salad toppings.
- chicken (though crispy chicken is untraditional – it’s so delicious on this salad)
- boiled eggs
- red onion
- shredded cheddar cheese
- bleu cheese crumbles
How to make a crispy chicken cobb salad?
Instead of a traditional grilled chicken, I used crispy chicken strips in this salad. Any brand that is your favorite will do, though I like using some that are already cooked so I can just heat them up in my airfryer or oven quickly.
While the chicken is heating up, boil some eggs, and cook up some bacon (or you can use bacon bits), and shred some cheddar cheese.
Then you’ll break up your bacon into small pieces. Slice up your tomatoes, eggs, and then your chicken strips. In a small bowl top your romaine lettuce with the diced tomatoes, bacon pieces, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped eggs, and crispy chicken pieces. Top it with your favorite salad dressing, and toss it all together.
I like to make one serving sized bowls individually so everyone at the table can choose exactly which of the toppings they want, and what type of dressing they want as well.
I like to use ranch on my cobb salad, but this would also be good with bleu cheese dressing, a vinaigrette, thousand island, or whatever your favorite dressing is.
I love all the good, healthy, and filling ingredients in this crispy chicken cobb salad. But it’s got enough delicious ingredients that kids and adults will both love it! My kids don’t love salad, but they like eating all the delicious ingredients deconstructed on their plate, with some of the egg, cheese, bacon, and of course the chicken.
MORE SALAD RECIPES:
- Mandarin Spinach Pasta Salad
- Chicken Fajita Salad
- Oriental Chicken Salad
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad
CONNECT WITH LIKE MOTHER, LIKE DAUGHTER
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Crispy Chicken Cobb Salad
- 6 cups romaine lettuce (chopped )
- 2 cups chopped crispy chicken (about 2-3 strips)
- 1/2 cup chopped boiled eggs (about 2 eggs)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced roma tomatoes (about 1-2 tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon (about 4-5 bacon strips)
- choice of salad dressing
- Bake your chicken strips according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, boil some eggs, shred some cheese, chop your lettuce, dice your tomatoes and cook your bacon.
- Peel and cut your boiled eggs and crumble your bacon.
- Combine your lettuce, chicken strips, boiled egg, cheese, tomato and bacon in a large bowl.
- Serve with your choice of salad dressing.
This crispy chicken cobb salad was first posted on November 2, 2015. The photos and text were updated on January 27, 2021.
This post was originally published as part of a sponsored partnership with Tyson®. The opinions and text are all mine.