Halloween pretzels are fun and spooky chocolate covered pretzels, topped with sprinkles, candy corn, candy eyes and more to make them a perfect treat for Halloween time!
Chocolate covered pretzels are one of my favorite treats. Actually anything covered in chocolate really. These chocolate covered Halloween pretzels are my new favorite Halloween treat, because they’re delicious, easy to make and adults and kids love them.
These Halloween pretzels are so fun because you can decorate them however you want. You can decorate them with candy eyes, candy corn, orange, or green melts, or sprinkles. Turn one into a mummy with white chocolate drizzle and candy eyes, or make one into “Frankenstein”.
You only need a few ingredients to make these, and then you can go crazy decorating the pretzels to your hearts content.
These pretzels are the perfect combination of salty and sweet and so fun for a party, or just a cute snack for you to enjoy with your kids.
- white chocolate chips or candy melts
- chocolate chips or chocolate candy melts (use dark chocolate chips, semi sweet, or milk chocolate)
- pretzel rods
- Halloween pretzels
- candy eyes
- candy corn
- green, orange, or purple candy melts
How to make Halloween Pretzels?
Melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl or mug in 30 second increments, stirring well after each until the chips are totally melted. Do the same with chocolate chips.
Dip the pretzel rods about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way into the melted chocolate. You can use a spoon to help you get the chocolate higher up on the stick too. Let the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl, or scrape the bottom of the pretzel off onto the edge of the bowl.
Place it onto parchment paper or wax paper on a baking sheet and top with candy eyes, sprinkles, candy corn, etc. Repeat with additional pretzels and chocolate.
Let the chocolate set completely. Melt additional chocolate or candy melts and drizzle it over the top with a spoon or by placing the chocolate in a ziplock bag and snipping the end off.
Dip in white chocolate and add two candy eyes near the top of the white chocolate. Drizzle over the white chocolate with more white chocolate to create a bandaged look.
Dip in melted green chocolate and add 2 eyes near, but not all the way at the top. Let it set, then dip top in chocolate for hair, and pipe on a mouth below the eyes.
Dip the pretzel rods in green candy melts. Place a slivered almond at the top to look like a fingernail. Use a butter knife to create three lines for indentation of the witch’s knuckles.
Monster Pretzel Rods:
Dip the pretzel rods into green, orange, blue, or purple candy melts. Add candy eye balls all over. Add matching sprinkles if desired.
Candy Corn Pretzel Rods:
Melt chocolate or candy wafers and dip the pretzel rods into them. Add a row of candy corn on top of the pretzel. Add matching orange and yellow sprinkles if desired.
What other cute decorations and treats would you add to these fun Halloween treats?
How to store Halloween Pretzels?
These Halloween coated pretzels are such a fun festive treat for a Halloween party, or Halloween movie night. They’re such an easy treat, and are the best way to get kid’s involved in the kitchen, because they will love helping you decorate these spooky treats.
- 1 cup white chocolate chips/vanilla candy melts
- 1 cup chocolate chips/chocolate candy melts
- 1 bag pretzel rods
- Sprinkles orange, purple, green, or black
- Candy Eyes
- Candy Corn
- green candy melts
- orange candy melts
- Line a pan with parchment sheet.
- Melt the white chocolate chips and chocolate chips in 30 second intervals in a tall bowl/mug, stirring after each, until the chocolate is smooth.
- Take one pretzel rod and dip it into the chocolate. Use a spoon to to add additional chocolate to the pretzel stick to coat it about half way, or two thirds to the bottom.
- Top pretzels with sprinkles, candy eyes, candy corn, or drizzle with orange or green candy melts.
- Allow to set and enjoy.
To make the Frankenstein Pretzels:
- Coat pretzels in green candy melts.
- Place two candy eyes a little ways down near the top.
- Allow green to harden.
- Dip top in milk chocolate for "hair".
- Sprinkle with brown/chocolate pretzels.
- Draw a mouth below the eyes with the chocolate using a small bag or toothpick.
To make the Mummy Pretzels:
- Dip pretzel rods in white chocolate.
- Place two candy eyes near the top.
- Allow white chocolate to harden.
- Drizzle additional white chocolate over the top of the pretzel in a mummy like fashion.
I made these cute Halloween Pretzels as part of the 30 days of Halloween on Cupcake Diaries! This is one of my favorite series and I have been so glad to participate for the last 4 years! If you don’t remember, the last few years I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, halloween cookies and cream fudge, , and ghost brownies!
Be sure to check out all the other amazing recipes other bloggers have made as part of the series!
Be sure to check out some more of our Halloween favorites!
- Candy Corn Pretzel Treats
- Frankenstein Brownies
- Witch Hat Cookies
- Ghost Brownies
- Halloween Cookies and Cream Fudge