These monster rice krispie treats are the such a cute and festive Halloween treat! Made with only 3 ingredients these Halloween rice krispie treats are so easy to make, and great for kids who love to help in the kitchen!
I’m not lying when I say these monster rice krispie treats couldn’t be any easier to make. You can start them with homemade rice krispie treats, to make them extra gooey and delicious, but when you’re in a pinch and want to make these creepy treats in only a few minutes and with only three ingredients then you can use store bought rice krispie treats, the snack size are the perfect size too!
I’m not sure if September is too early to be sharing Halloween treats, but we’re gonna roll with it. And I actually made these for the first time back in August in an effort to get ahead for the holiday season!
These monster rice krispie treats are so fun and easy to eat when they’re put on sticks. Plus it makes them even easier to dip them into the colored candy melts as well. You can choose whatever colors you want for these cute treats. I chose 4 colors, purple, sky blue, orange and yellowish green. (Lavender, blue, orange, vibrant green were the names of the candy melts, I got the Wilton brand.)
Now as you’re making the treats, after you dip them into the melted candy melts, you can arrange the candy eyes however you want to make the monster faces. I got the large and small eyes.
If you don’t want to make these for Halloween, they’d be darling for a monster themed birthday party. And I know my kids would love them any day though 😉
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this Halloween Monster Rice Krispie Treats Recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
These monster rice krispie treats are seriously the easiest treats, with only Rice Krispie Treats, candy melts, and candy eyes.
How to make Monster Rice Krispie Treats?
You can easily make your favorite recipe for homemade rice krispie treats for these cute monsters, and cut them up into rectangles. But personally I prefer using store bought Rice Krispie Treats because it makes these treats extra easy, quick, and keeps the bars extra uniform in size too.
Add lollipop stick sticks to the bottom of the treats, if you want to make them into pops like pictured.
Add your choice of candy melts to individual bowls, and microwave them according to the package directions. My microwave is always slow doing it on half power like suggested, but its worth it to keep the chocolate smooth and free of white spots. Stir in between each session in the microwave, and keep going until the candy melts are totally melted and you can stir them smooth.
Dip the top of each rice krispie treat into the candy melt color of choice and place it on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
Press candy eyes on to the top of the melted candy coating and then let the treats sit until the chocolate is set. Once the treats are set you can enjoy them!
Tips and Tricks:
- If you want your cereal treats to set quicker, you can place them on a sheet pan in the fridge for about 10 minutes and they should harden up in no time. **But don’t leave them in the fridge much longer than that, because if they get too cool they could start to get condensation on them, and the black in the candy eyeballs will run.
- Scoop the extra melted chocolate off the bottom of the treats on the side of the bowl to keep the excess from forming a candy foot when set. If there is still extra candy coating puddled when the candy is set you can break it off, or cut it off, and smooth the rough edge with your fingers.
- Use a variety of candy eye sizes, large candy eyes, medium, and small to make the treats extra spooky.
- Use your choice of different colors for these sweet treats. I chose bright colors, purple, orange, blue, and green – but you could use red, or black, or pink, etc.
- Use a small tube of black icing to draw a cute mouth on the monsters.
- Use popsicle sticks, or cute paper straws instead of candy sticks for fun!
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to store rice krispie treats?
These monster rice krispies should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature, and will last for about 2 days. The treats will start to get stale after that. Stack multiple layers by placing a flat layer at the bottom of the container, then putting a piece of wax paper on top, then another layer of these fun treats.
These crispy treats are so much fun for a Halloween treat. They’re a great option for a Halloween party, Halloween movie night, Halloween class party, or just a monster themed birthday party. Kids and adults will love gobbling on these adorable little guys.
Looking for more cute Halloween treats to make this fall:
- Chocolate Covered Halloween Pretzels
- Frankenstein S’mores Pops
- Candy Corn Pretzel Treats
- Frankenstein Rice Krispies
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Email
Monster Rice Krispie Treats
- 16 Snack Sized Rice Krispie Treats
- 16 lollipop sticks
- 2 cups candy melts (I used about 1 cup of each color, and had enough to dip about 6-8 of each color)
- candy eyes (big and small)
- Unwrap your Rice Krispie Treats, or prepare your own homemade.
- Add the lollipop sticks to the bottom of the treats.
- Melt candy melts according to the package directions.
- Dip the tops of the treats into the melted candy and place them onto parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Place candy eyes onto the treats in whatever order you'd like. (Cyclops, Three eyed, 4 eyed, 5 eyed monsters, however you like them)
- Allow to set for about 20 minutes till candy coating is totally set and hardened.
Leave a Reply