These chocolate crepes are such a great option for breakfast, or brunch. They’re thin, soft, lightly chocolatey crepes that are so good loaded with fruit, whipped cream, Nutella and more!
Crepes are so easy to make, I often forget how easy. These chocolate crepes are such a yummy twist on our favorite crepes, and still just as good.
They’re so good for Saturday or Sunday morning breakfast, or even a special brunch, like Christmas or Easter morning, or even for dinner.
The chocolate flavor in these crepes isn’t super strong, it’s just a light chocolatey flavor – but perfect paired with some Nutella, or chocolate syrup to bring out the chocolatey flavor. I also love them paired with some fresh berries, or even with our cheesecake filling.
Ingredients Needed to make Chocolate Crepes:
- all purpose flour
- cocoa powder
How to make Chocolate Crepes?
Add all of your ingredients together into a blender and blend it until the mixture is nice and smooth. Let the mixture rest for several minutes to let the bubbles in the mixture settle.
Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan and tip the pan around to swirl the batter around to cover the pan completely in a thin layer of the batter. Let it cook for about 1 minute until the batter starts to bubble and looks set.
Flip the crepe over to cook for another 30 seconds or so, to cook the bottom layer. Repeat with remaining batter.
Then serve all your crepes with your choice of fillings.
Tips for Chocolate Crepes:
- Make sure your batter is nice and smooth after blending. You don’t want any chunky flour or cocoa bits in your batter. This will help keep the crepes thin.
- Make sure your pan is nice and hot so the crepes cook evenly and quickly.
- Don’t add too much crepe batter to the pan. You want just enough batter to cover the bottom of the pan and allow the crepes to cook evenly and thoroughly. Depending on your pan size you’ll only need about 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup chocolate crepe batter per crepe.
- You can also use a crepe maker to cook your crepes. Place your batter in a shallow bowl big enough to fit the crepe maker and dip it into the batter as you go.
Chocolate Crepe Filling Ideas:
- Banana slices
- Strawberry slices
- Raspberry or Strawberry Jam
- Lemon Curd
- Cookie Butter
- Peanut Butter
- Whipped Cream
- Powdered Sugar
These chocolate crepes are such a yummy option for breakfast. They’re easy enough for any day of the week, but fancy enough for a special occasion too!
More Sweet Breakfast Recipes:
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Pumpkin Crepes
- Monkey Bread
- Brownie Batter Pancakes
- Nutella Star Bread
- Cinnamon Rolls
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Chocolate Crepes with Orange-Lemon Curd
For the Chocolate Crepes:
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 TBS sugar
- 2 TBS butter (melted)
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Chocolate Crepes:
- Add all the ingredients to a blender. Top the blender with the cover, and blend it all together on low speed until everything is mixed well together.
- Place the batter in the fridge to rest for at least 15 minutes, up to overnight.
- Heat a medium sized pan (about 8 to 10 inches) over medium heat. Spray the pan with nonstick spray.
- Pour about 1/4 to 1/3 cup batter into the pan and swirl the pan around to spread the batter around completely.
- Cook for about 1 minute, or until bubbles start to form and the surface looks dry.
- Carefully flip the crepe over and cook for another 20 to 30 seconds.
- Transfer the crepe to a plate. Cover the top with paper towels while you cook the remaining crepes.
- Repeat cooking with remaining crepe batter.
- Serve the crepes with your choice of fillings.
These chocolate crepes were first posted on July 16, 2014. The photos and text were updated for clarity on March 18, 2022.