A simple and fast dinner of chocolate crepes with orange-lemon curd waiting for your mouth to explode with flavor.
Crepes are so easy to make, I forget how easy they are to make. This orange-lemon curd is quite easy also because you use the microwave. So with all that ease don’t hesitate to whip together these chocolate crepes with orange-lemon curd tonight for dinner.
Tuesday night, I came home uninspired and with no desire to cook dinner. I had been thinking about what to make all day – maybe that was the problem, too much pondering about it. But we had no leftovers, nothing in the freezer, and I didn’t want fast food; thus the only solution I still needed to prepare dinner. And then the thought came to me crepes but not just any ordinary crepes, chocolate crepes, and not just chocolate crepes but orange-lemon curd to spread inside, on top, and all over. Orange-lemon curd is a real treat – the recipe makes enough for all my crepes and then some. The leftovers ended up in the fridge waiting for me to take a spoonful just every once in a while.
The two of them together – chocolate crepes with orange-lemon curd were perfect with blueberries sprinkled in and around. They were also perfect with nutella spread throughout or topped with a little whipped cream. So if you happen to feel uninspired for dinner tonight, whip up these chocolate crepes with orange-lemon curd and your family will think you are a really chef and thank you.
Chocolate Crepes with Orange-Lemon Curd
Orange Lemon Curd
- 1 orange
- 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 2 TBS butter (melted)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 TBS sugar
- 1 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
Orange Lemon Curd
- Finely grate your rind of the lemons and orange
- Squeeze juice from your lemons and orange to measure 1/2 cup of juice
- Put into a 4 cup or larger microwavable bowl
- Stir in rind, butter, and sugar
- Microwave on high for 11/2 to 2 minutes until butter is melted and hot
- Beat eggs in another bowl until fully combined
- GRADUALLY add the hot mixture to the eggs, stirring constantly
- Return the mixture to the microwavable bowl
- Microwave on 50% for 30 seconds at a time until thickened, stirring in between each 30 seconds
- (Do not let boil, the mixture will thicken even more as it cools)
- Serve with crepes or cookies
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or longer in the freezer
- Add all the ingredients to a blender, cover.
- Blend on low-speed until everything is mixed together well.
- Place in fridge for at least an hour up to overnight.*
- Heat medium-sized non stick frying pan on stove over medium heat.
- Spray medium pan with non-stick oil
- Pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup of batter in frying pan and swirl around to spread thin.
- Cook for 1 minute, bubbles will form to show doneness.
- Flip/turn over and cook for another 20 seconds.
- Stack crepes and cover with a paper towel while you cook the remaining crepes. Reheat in the microwave for 15 seconds, if desired.
- Serve with orange-lemon curd or favorite toppings
Have you ever made curd before? Lemon or orange? What do you think?
The curd is freezable, the crepes are freezable too.