Brownie batter pancakes are the perfect fluffy, chocolatey, and decadent pancakes – topped with whipped cream, chocolate syrup and sprinkles, they’re perfect for a birthday breakfast!
If you’ve been around for a while, you might know a couple things – you might know that I LOVE brownies, and especially brownies made from a mix; you might also know that I wrote a cookbook called 50 Fixes for Brownie Mixes, that had 50 amazing short cut recipes that all start with a brownie mix. These brownie batter pancakes are one of the recipes from the book, and I hope you’ll love them as much as I do!
These brownie batter pancakes are so sweet and fun, that they are great for breakfast or dessert! With whipped cream and sprinkles on top, who wouldn’t want a big stack of these for their birthday!?
Today is national pancake day, so I figured it was the perfect time to share these brownie batter pancakes – and if you want to try even more amazing brownies, head to the bottom of this post for another 11 amazing pancake recipes from my blogger friends!
These sweet cakes taste just like a big spoonful of brownie batter, and would be delicious topped with fresh strawberries, or raspberries too.
They’re ultra fluffy, chocolatey and rich, and I think you will love this decadent breakfast as much as I do!
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this Brownie Mix Pancake Recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- brownie mix – the dry mix, not prepared
- pancake mix – I’ve used Bisquick, Krusteaz, etc.
- eggs – to hold the pancake together
- milk – to add liquid to the batter
- your choice of toppings
How to make Brownie Pancakes?
- Preheat a large pan or skillet, or a large griddle to medium heat.
- In a large bowl stir together the dry ingredients, the brownie mix and the pancake mix.
- Then add in the eggs and milk and stir until the batter is just combined. It’s okay if there are still some small lumps in the batter, you don’t want to over mix it.
- Grease the pan or griddle with butter or cooking spray. Then scoop 1/4 cup of batter at a time onto the pan. You can cook a few pancakes at a time if there is enough space between them.
- Once the top of the pancakes start to get little bubbles, flip them over and continue cooking until both sides are cooked and crisped and the pancake is cooked through.
- Top the pancakes with your favorite toppings. I like whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and fresh strawberry slices.
Chocolate Pancake Topping Ideas:
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Syrup
- Caramel Syrup
- Melted Peanut Butter
- Fresh Berries – strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc.
These brownie mix pancakes are the perfect breakfast, brunch, or dinner for the chocolate lover in your life. They’re delicious fluffy pancakes that taste like a fudgy brownie and will be one of your favorite recipes for a special day.
More Pancake Recipes:
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- Banana Pancakes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Sweet Potato Pancakes
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Brownie Batter Pancakes
- 1 cup brownie mix (dry)
- 1 cup Bisquick pancake mix (or other dry pancake mix - I've also used Krusteaz)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- chocolate syrup
- whipped cream
- rainbow sprinkles
- fresh fruit
- Preheat an electric griddle or large pan to 350 degrees, or medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, stir together brownie mix and pancake mix.
- Add in the eggs and milk, and stir until just combined.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop pancake batter onto preheated grilled.
- Allow to cook until pancake has bubbles across the top.
- Flip and cook another minute or two until bottom is cooked and pancake is cooked through.
- Top pancakes with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and sprinkles or fresh fruit as desired.
And as promised, here are a dozen more pancake recipes from my blogger friends to celebrate National Pancake Day!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Dutch Baby Pancakes // Tried and Tasty
Buttermilk Pancakes // One Sweet Appetite
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes // Dessert Now Dinner Later
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes // Sugar and Soul
Samoa Pancakes // Life Made Sweeter
Pumpkin Swirled Pancake Muffins // A Kitchen Addiction
Churro Pancakes // The Love Nerds
Blueberry Pancakes with Warm Buttermilk Syrup // Cupcake Diaries
Pumpkin Cheesecake Pancakes // Lemon Tree Dwelling
Lemon Blueberry Greek Yogurt Pancakes // The Recipe Rebel
Orange Poppy Seed Pancakes // Garnish and Glaze