These chocolate cupcakes for two are the best, moist, decadent chocolate cupcakes. It’s the perfect dessert recipe to satisfy your chocolate cravings.
These cupcakes are so chocolatey and so good, they will definitely satisfy your chocolate craving right on the spot. They’re moist, and rich, and so decadent. The chocolate frosting on top is so good you’ll want to eat it by the spoonful. It’s a rich chocolate ganache frosting, thick, and so delicious.
If you have seen any of our other desserts for two, you know I am a huge fan of small batch desserts. The greatest thing about small batch desserts is that I can whip up one of these desserts for two in just a few minutes, and it’s the perfect late night treat to satisfy my sweet tooth.
And if Nate decides he doesn’t want a dessert that night, well then that’s even better for me. I can have two for me, or I can save one for the next day.
I adapted this recipe from Crunchy Cream Sweet.
**This post contains affiliate links, and I may earn a small commission when you click on the links, at no additional costs to you.
How to make chocolate cupcakes for two?
In a small bowl mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Then add in your milk, oil, and vanilla extract until you have a nice and thick batter. Scoop the mixture into two spots of a greased muffin tin (or lined with cupcake liners) and bake the cupcakes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean. Let the cupcakes cool all the way before frosting (you can stick them in the fridge to help them cool quicker).
The frosting really is a small batch recipe, so it seems silly to go through the trouble of heating milk on the stove, and using it to melt chocolate, but I promise this frosting is so rich and decadent, it’s worth it.
So you’ll get your smallest pot and add your milk, butter, sugar, and corn syrup, and melt it on the stove top just until the butter is melted, it’s such a small amount, so it should be quick! Pour it into the bowl with your chopped chocolate and let it set for a couple minutes. Then stir the chocolate up until you can stir it nice and smooth. Let the chocolate ganache chill for about 10 minutes in the fridge, then add your powdered sugar, and whip it up until you have a nice and fluffy frosting! Pipe it on your cupcakes and enjoy!
These chocolate cupcakes are the perfect Valentine’s Day treat. The recipe makes just two cupcakes, so it’s the perfect dessert for just you and your special someone to end your Valentine’s Day in the right way. And if you’re spending Valentine’s Day alone, well then you definitely deserve to eat both of these cupcakes yourself.
This is the perfect chocolate cupcake recipe when you need some chocolate, but don’t want to end up with a whole dozen cupcakes. The cupcakes are moist, sweet, and so delicious.
More Decadent Chocolate Dessert Recipes:
- Chocolate Molten Lava Cake
- Double Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream
- Microwave Mug Brownie
- Easy Chocolate Cake
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Chocolate Cupcakes for Two
Chocolate Cupcakes for Two
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 TBS granulated white sugar
- 1 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 dash salt
- 2 TBS milk
- 2 TBS canola oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBS butter (softened)
- 1 tsp granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp light corn syrup
- 2 TBS milk
- 2 oz chocolate* (chopped)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients together in a small bowl (this means: flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt).
- Add in the milk, oil and vanilla and stir everything together to combined.
- Pour the batter into a cupcake/muffin pan sprayed with non stick spray (or lined with cupcake liners).
- Bake for about 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Frost cupcakes with chocolate frosting.
- In a medium saucepan add the butter, sugar, corn syrup and milk, heat until almost boiling and the sugar is dissolved.
- Put chopped chocolate in a medium sized bowl and pour hot milk liquid over the top of chocolate; let it sit for a couple of minutes.
- Stir together until the chocolate is melted and totally smooth.
- Cool in the fridge for 10 minutes
- Add powdered sugar and beat it with a hand mixer, until you have a thick and fluffy frosting.
- Add more powdered sugar (to make it thicker) or milk (to make it thinner) as needed to get the right frosting consistency.
- Transfer to a piping bag and frosting cupcakes.
These chocolate cupcakes for two were first posted on January 23, 2014. The photos and text were updated on January 29, 2021.