These Chocolate Cupcakes for Two are so chocolately and gooey they will quench any chocolate cravings.
If you have seen any of the posts from my cookies for two series, you know I am a huge fan of small serving desserts. The greatest thing about small serving desserts for me is that I can whip up one of these desserts for two in just a few minutes and if Nate doesn’t want a dessert that night I can just save 2 of the cookies (or 1 of the cupcakes for the next day) or really indulge and eat 2 cupcakes at once. I am eating for two right? 😉
So, I posted this recipe for chocolate cupcakes for two from Crunchy Creamy Sweet on my facebook page the other day because it looked so divine! And I knew I had to give it ago, so here is my version of the delicious chocolate indulgence. And trust me, these are so chocolatey and good they will definitely squelch your chocolate craving right on the spot.
Also, hello Valentine’s treat? Isn’t this the perfect recipe to make up a dessert for just you and your special someone to end your Valentine’s day right. Why yes, yes it is.
Chocolate Cupcakes for Two
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 TBS sugar
- 1 TBS cocoa
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/16 tsp salt
- 2 TBS milk
- 2 TBS oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBS butter (softened)
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 oz chocolate* (chopped)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients together in a small bowl (this means: flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt).
- Add in the milk, oil and vanilla and stir everything together to combine.
- Pour batter into a cupcake/muffin pan sprayed with non stick spray (or lined with cupcake liners)
- Bake for about 18 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Frost cupcakes.
- In a medium saucepan add - butter, sugar, corn syrup and milk, heat until almost boiling and sugar is dissolved
- Put chocolate in a medium sized bowl and pour previous sauce over the chocolate; let sit for a couple of minutes
- Stir together until chocolate is melted and smooth
- Cool in fridge for 10 minutes
- Add powdered sugar and beat in until thicken and lighter in color
- Transfer to a piping bag and frosting cupcakes
Enjoy this sweet chocolate indulgent cupcake and you don’t need to make a whole dozen!
For more desserts for two, try these: