I make these Christmas Pretzel Treats every single year at the holidays, and they are always a huge hit! There’s no easier Christmas treat than these Hershey Kiss Pretzels – they are only 3 ingredients, and take just a few minutes to make!
These Christmas pretzels are so quick to make, with only three simple ingredients, and they’re so fun to make all holiday season long. They’re a perfect sweet and salty treat, and a great option for a Christmas party, or to package up as a gift your your neighbors.
The other thing I love about these easy Christmas pretzel treats is that you can customize them. You can pick from all the different flavors of Hershey Kisses and Hugs and M&M toppers too, based on what you prefer. Or I like making a variety of them. My favorites are classes Hershey’s Hugs, and Hershey’s Kisses, and Candy Cane Kisses.
Why you’ll love these Christmas Pretzels
- Flavor: A delicious sweet and salty treat, the crunchy pretzel pairs perfectly with the creamy Hershey Kiss on top.
- Texture: A mix of crunchy and soft, these are practically addictive with their great texture.
- Quick and Easy: Only three ingredients needed, and just a few minutes of your time and you’ll be making up dozens of these tasty treats.
- Kid Friendly: Get your kids to help you unwrap all the Hershey’s kisses, and add the m&ms on top of them when they’re melted. Of course, they’ll love eating them when they’re done too.
Pretzel Hershey Kiss M&M Ingredients:
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this Christmas Pretzel Treat recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- Pretzels: you can use snap pretzels (square pretzels), or mini pretzel twists
- Hershey Kisses: you can use your favorite Hershey’s Kisses flavor. The white chocolate flavors tend to melt a little faster than the chocolate flavors, so watch them as they bake.
- M&Ms: Grab some Christmas Milk Chocolate M&Ms, or your favorite flavor, Peanut, Peanut Butter or Caramel would all be delicious.
How to make Pretzel Hugs or Pretzel Kisses?
- Lay mini pretzels on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. You want them in a single layer. You can make as many as you want, as long as they fit on the pan.
- Top each pretzel with a Hershey Hug or Kiss in the center. Place them in the preheated oven to bake until the chocolate is soft, but still holds its shape.
- Remove pan from the oven and let the chocolate sit for about 1 minute. Top each treat with an M&M in the center. Let the treats cool until the chocolate is set at room temperature, or transfer the pan to the fridge to chill for about 15 minutes.
Hershey Kiss Pretzels Tips and Tricks:
- Add sprinkles. When the chocolate is still melted you can add your favorite sprinkles on top, if desired. Red, white, and green nonpareils (the little tiny balls) work great.
- Don’t overbake. You want your Kisses to be soft, but still holding their shape in the oven. You only need them soft enough to press the m&m into the top and then spread the chocolate out slightly on the pretzel.
- Customizable. Use your favorite seasonal Hershey’s Kisses and M&Ms to give these treat a unique flavor.
- For any holiday or occasion. Change up the color of the m&ms and you can make these treats for any holiday. Try red, white, and pink for Valentine’s day. Orange and green for Halloween, you name it.
Christmas Pretzel Treats FAQ:
Storage for M&M Pretzel Treats:
Transfer treats to an airtight container and store them at room temperature for up to 1 week. You can also store them in the fridge for up 2 weeks.
They can also be frozen. Place them in a freezer safe bag or container and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Defrost them in the fridge overnight, then enjoy.
Can I make these in advance?
Yes, these Christmas Pretzel Treats are great for making in advance. They stay great at room temperature for up to 1 week, so you can make them when you have time, then serve them up for your party the next day, or pass out to your neighbors.
Can I make these gluten-free?
These can easily be made gluten-free, by using gluten-free pretzels. Just make sure the M&Ms and Hershey Kiss varieties you pick are also Gluten Free.
These Christmas Pretzel Treats are such a festive and flavorful treat to add to your holiday celebrations. They’re easy, adorable, and such a delicious sweet and salty treat! Share them with your loved ones at your next holiday party, or as an edible gift!
More Christmas Treats:
Christmas Pretzel Treats
- 50 Snaps Pretzels (Or Mini Pretzel Twists)
- 50 Hershey Hugs or Kisses (unwapped)
- 50 Christmas M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread the pretzels out in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Top each pretzel with a Hershey's Hug or Kiss candy.
- Bake the pretzels in the preheated oven for about 3-5 minutes. **
- Remove the pan from the oven, and let them sit for 1 minute. Then carefully press an M&M into the top of each candy hug. (If the hug is too firm, put them back in the oven for another 30 seconds to 1 minute)
- Let the candy harden, and then enjoy. You can speed this up by sticking the pan in the fridge for 15 minutes.