These cinnamon sugar soft pretzel bites are perfect soft pretzels with a chewy pretzel crust coated in cinnamon sugar. Perfect served with a warm cream cheese dip!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and make a purchase, I will get a very small percentage in commission. There is no extra cost to you. I only link to products I use or own. Your help in supporting us and our blog is appreciated.
Ever since I made my soft pretzel bites last year I have been wanting to try homemade cinnamon sugar soft pretzel bites! Well, I finally had an excuse to make them and now I’m wondering why I didn’t do it sooner!?
These soft pretzel bites are perfectly soft in the middle, with a chewy soft pretzel crust, and are coated in cinnamon sugar! These pretzel bites are best eaten warm and fresh, but if you’re going to eat some the next day zap them in the microwave for about 10 seconds to warm them up!
They’re delicious plain or dipped in a warm cream cheese frosting! I made up a quick altered version of my cream cheese frosting (because its the best ever!) and it was the perfect dip for these cinnamon sugar bites!
They’re perfect for a fun party, (aka when you’ll be watching the super bowl in a couple weeks!?) or just when you’re craving some soft pretzels from the mall! Now you can make them at home whenever you want, and they take less than an hour to whip up!
- 2¼ tsp instant yeast
- 1½ cups warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBS brown sugar
- 2 TBS melted butter
- 4 cups flour
- 1 large egg + 1 TBS water
- 9 cups water
- ½ cup baking soda
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- Dissolve your yeast in your warm water in a large bowl. Stir together for about 1 minute until mostly combined.
- Add in your salt, sugar and butter and stir everything together.
- Add in your flour, 1 cup at a time until dough is thick and no longer sticky. Add more flour 1 TBS at a time if needed to make sure dough isn't sticky. (Poke dough with your finger, and dough should bounce back - then it is ready)
- Lightly flour a flat surface.
- Knead your dough for 3 minutes and form into a ball.
- Oil a large bowl with nonstick spray and place dough in. Cover bowl with a towel and place in a warm area.
- Allow to rest in warm area for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Bring 9 cups of water with ½ cup of baking soda to boil.
- Cut your dough ball into 6 sections.
- Roll each section into long ropes about 20-22 inches long.
- Cut each rope into about 10-12 1.5 inch pieces.
- Drop one rope worth of pretzel bites into your baking soda bath and let sit for 20-30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone liner.
- Beat together your egg and 1 TBS water in a small bowl.
- Brush egg over each pretzel bite and place on prepared pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until pretzel tops are a nice golden brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Dip each pretzel bite into melted butter then into cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Set back on tray and repeat with additional pretzel bites.
- Mix together your butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in your powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until completely combined. (Add in milk ½ TBS at a time, if needed to make dip softer and smoother) Microwave for 20 seconds to reheat if you're not using immediately.
MAKE THESE AMAZING CINNAMON SUGAR SOFT PRETZEL BITES WITH THESE GREAT KITCHEN TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS:
You might also like these :